Sign in to follow this  
Razin

antsports draft--finished first 2 rnds

antsports is PPR (if you are not familiar)

i get to start 2 rbs

i chose reggie bush and MJD

in my mind thats 150-180 pts alone on reception pts.

i couldnt be more happy.

your thoughts?

Was Henry available? If so bad move I would have taken Henry then Bush. I just don't care for your 2 backs both being in time-share. I know PPR makes them more appealing picks but if your not familiar with Denvers offense it throws alot to there backs also meaning Henry will get at least 50+ catches and is still running behind top 2/3 line in football with S.D. having the best line. Hope this helps...

Was Henry available? If so bad move I would have taken Henry then Bush. I just don't care for your 2 backs both being in time-share. I know PPR makes them more appealing picks but if your not familiar with Denvers offense it throws alot to there backs also meaning Henry will get at least 50+ catches and is still running behind top 2/3 line in football with S.D. having the best line. Hope this helps...

you like the shanny curse and the buy-in to the henry hype eh?

henry outta tell you something by the injury he's aleady sustained this yr. he's a tough workhorse, but he's not a goalline stud and he struggles with injuries every year. and no, there's no way henry will get 50 receptions. plus, henry will definitly be involved in a time share. he just won't last if he doesnt split. and shanny knows it. henry is their only real offensive weapon and shanny will guard him as much as he can allow.

my rebuttal. your counter?

In PPR I like Bush more than Henryas well, but I am not sold on MoJo as a stellar back as of yet. Without seeing where you were drafting or how many teams you were up against I can't really say if it's bad or great, but I have a feeling that toward the end of the year he'll produce more. For having two backs though, yeah these are good.

In PPR I like Bush more than Henryas well, but I am not sold on MoJo as a stellar back as of yet. Without seeing where you were drafting or how many teams you were up against I can't really say if it's bad or great, but I have a feeling that toward the end of the year he'll produce more. For having two backs though, yeah these are good.

its in the original title

8th spot

12 man draft

MJD was 17th overall.

henry outta tell you something by the injury he's aleady sustained this yr. he's a tough workhorse, but he's not a goalline stud and he struggles with injuries every year. and no, there's no way henry will get 50 receptions. plus, henry will definitly be involved in a time share. he just won't last if he doesnt split. and shanny knows it. henry is their only real offensive weapon and shanny will guard him as much as he can allow.

Wow ... you ask for an opinion and when you get one you criticize it. :pointstosky:

Why ask, if you it all so well.

Wow ... you ask for an opinion and when you get one you criticize it. :cheers:

Why ask, if you it all so well.

well let me think?

cause i like a good argument!

sheesh, what a bunch of babies. don't like criticism.

8th pick in a ppr league? I'd certainly be happy with Bush and MJD. I assume Westbrook was gone, and other late first rounders lose value in ppr leagues. I'll give you a pat on the back for this one.

Thanks for mine

Who do you think will get the GL carries? It will certainly be Henry. Go ahead and be happy with Bush but you will regret the pick. Bush is a "playmaker" not a pure runner like Henry. Far too many weapons in NO compared to Denver where you have just Walker and Henry. I guess we will see...

Who do you think will get the GL carries? It will certainly be Henry. Go ahead and be happy with Bush but you will regret the pick. Bush is a "playmaker" not a pure runner like Henry. Far too many weapons in NO compared to Denver where you have just Walker and Henry. I guess we will see...

first, NO will have twice as many goalline situations as denver, since their offense is 5X as good as denver's. that's a lot more scoring opportunities for bush and all the NO players.

second, denver is in a much more difficult conference and will face much better defenses than NO.

third, shanny loves to mix things up and will give goalline carries to all of his backs. henry isnt exactly a goalline monster...he only had 7 tds as the lead back in a hot TN team last yr.

fourth, bush was a top 10 rb in ppr formats last yr. and that was his ROOKIE season. now he has a yr under his belt and will take off.

fifth, bush will get 2-3X the amount of receptions as henry, giving him a huge advantage over henry, even though henry will get more carries. henry will have to get an extra 8-9 tds just to match the pts hes gonna lose to bush in reception pts.

my rebuttal

your counter?

This will be my last reply to this post. Have you ever heard of sophmore slump? That my friend is what Bush will be this year. Bush and MJD are getting drafted way to high in leagues. In regards to the Denver situation when they had a stud running back they went crazy ex.Davis and Portis they haven't had a go-to guy since Portis. Shanny loves Henry. Now since your in a PPR league this argument may be a wash but a standard scoring system Henry has more value.