Sign in to follow this  
scherber830

David Patten

New Orleans homers?

He might well beat out Henderson who is kinda banged up right now. Patten looked great wit Brees against KC. However, Brees is getting like Brady in spreading the ball around. Hard to tell who will be the leader there even when Colston gets back

Saints homer here -- I'll tell you one thing, before Patten got nicked up, he was the star of training camp. He was catching everything thrown his way, running great deep routes, and underneath stuff.

With that said - I think he will end up as the WR3. But he will still get alot of work. Devery is great in certain situations, but I have a feeling that Patten will be used alot as a safety valve for Brees.

There will be plenty of passes to go around this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if he had a nice season. But like I said - there are alot of WRs to spread the passes around, so he might be a bit inconsistent.. But will be a decent spot start.

Not a Saints homer, but I wouldn't bother with Patten. I can't see ever starting him even as a WR3 during a bye week. Maybe if you have a list of other ww fodder you could post and we could give you ideas...