Sign in to follow this  
Mickster

Eli Manning...Sleeper or Bust?

What is everyones prediction on Eli this year? Do you think Tiki might have lit a fire under is butt or is he going to be erratic as ever? From a fantasy perspective he is going to be throwing a lot...

Just wondering what the public thinks?

Guest _my_2_cents_

My thoughts on Eli Manning:

1. Steve Young put it best - it's hard to put your finger on. you watch him and his form is great - he makes his reads, he sets his feet, he throws the ball like he should....but somehow it's off target, off speed, and without touch. He throws behind receivers frequently and it's not his mechanics. It's hard to quantify - the guy just doesn't get it done.

2. He has a "deer in the headlights" look about him. I know you shouldn't judge a book by the cover, but people do. And if his team doesn't see him as a leader he will never become one.

3. It's the team around him that concerns me more than Eli himself. The O-Line got worse, the D looks to have gotten worse, Plaxico has 2 bad ankles, a bad knee, a bad calf and now a back injury...Jacobs & Droughns haven't exactly lit the world on fire in preseason, and I'm just not that sure this is a top 15 offense we're looking at. Hell, I'm not sure it's top 20.

A lot remains to be seen, but I keep looking at the Giants and it keeps reminding me og the Detroit Lions the year after Barry Sanders retired, when at the time everyone questioned his retirement, then after that season they all said he got off the sinking ship at just the right time.

What is everyones prediction on Eli this year? Do you think Tiki might have lit a fire under is butt or is he going to be erratic as ever? From a fantasy perspective he is going to be throwing a lot...

Just wondering what the public thinks?

Two thumbs and one big toe down. :pointstosky: