Sign in to follow this  
scuddawax

14 team PPR draft tonight

What does anyone think about this position? We only start, 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF. It is a PPR league. 50 yds/pt. passing, 20yds/pt rushing. 6 pt TD's

I don't think I'm going to like the RB's available. I'm wondering if I shouldn't go with one of the stud WR.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:music_guitarred:

With your first pick I would take the best available of Rudi Johnson, Laurence Maroney, or Travis Henry. Obviously if someone better falls then you take them. You only start 1 RB but you almost HAVE to get one in your first two picks, so you might as well take your choice here. Then in the 2nd round, only 4 picks later, you can still get a stud WR, usually the best available of Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, etc.

Only way this could change is if Manning somehow fell to 12, then Id take him, but I don't see that happening very often.

In the 3rd and 4th round you can then go with best WR available or Gates (unlikely still there) and then hopefully the best available of the top 6 QB's (Manning, Palmer, Brady, Brees, Mcnabb, Bulger).

Interesting. Thanks. From what I hear in the rumor mill though, I shouldn't expect Maroney or Rudi to still be there and I'm not sold on Henry or Brown.

But if one of those two are there, I'd take one of them.

When you say someone better, does that include the likes of Parker or Bush?

Ok I don't know the tendencies of the other owners in your league but Im just going by ADP. Based off ADP the first 11 picks would be:

LT, SJax, Gore, LJ, Addai, Alexander, Westbrook, Bush, Parker, Manning, R.Johnson........in which case you should be left with Maroney or Henry here.

If Maroney AND Rudi get taken before you then you should be left with Bush or Parker or Manning. If Reggie Bush is available at 12 in a ppr league then you take him in a heartbeat. The owners in your league would have to be pretty stupid to let him fall that far though. As shown above he really should be going no later than 8th in a ppr league, and I could make a case for him going ahead of Alexander in this format. I don't like Parker that much but at the 12th overall pick thats good value on him also.

I personally like Henry, but if you don't like him, then go with your gut. Regardless, at the 12th pick you should have atleast one of Bush, Parker, Rudi, or Maroney fall to you. I'd take one of them.

Excellent. Thanks for the advice. It isn't that I don't like Henry, the injury thing worries me a little bit for a 1st round pick.

I guess we'll see what happens. We definitely have some homers in our league that have taken people like Favre in the 1st round.