Sign in to follow this  
Mark_it_8_Dude

Bonehead in my league flat waived Brandon Jacobs

I put in dibbs for him, but probably won't fall to me. What a dope. I would have made him an offer.

Yeah I know you don't really care, but this is at least as interesting as a "Who is better Alex Smith or Jake Delhomme?" post.

Sorry to bother you, carry on.

- Dude

I put in dibbs for him, but probably won't fall to me. What a dope. I would have made him an offer.

I can now sleep well tonight. I was worried about what was going to happen to Jacobs in your league. Thanks for letting me know. :blink:

People are dropping him left and right in Yahoo leagues. Unless they know that he's out for the year...what a dumbhead, panicked move.

Might that be the reason Yahoo leagues are synonymous for noob leagues?

A person dropped him in my league too.. but even when he comes back I see him splitting time with Ward so that they don't put too much stress on that knee. Might not get much even if he was shopped around.

A person dropped him in my league too.. but even when he comes back I see him splitting time with Ward so that they don't put too much stress on that knee Might not get much even if he was shopped around.

Just like Denver isn't putting "too much stress" on Travis Henry's knee right?

Wow, the assumptions on this board are just amazing.

Owners that drop studs in the first week are idiots. Regardless of the player, you have to give them more than a week. I see threads saying, Lee evans screwed me! Should I drop LJ? Fitz and Bolden are costing me a game....... :shocking: <_< :first: :first: Give them a few weeks!

Umm, I dropped him myself. I picked up Ward instead. You other Jacobs owners do the same because that knee will be a problem all year long. IF YOU ARE IN A PPR LEAGUE THAT IS.

I really think Ward will have more value in ppr. Remember when we all said those Tiki receptions have to go somewhere? Well, they're going to go to Ward.

Owners that drop studs in the first week are idiots. Regardless of the player, you have to give them more than a week. I see threads saying, Lee evans screwed me! Should I drop LJ? Fitz and Bolden are costing me a game....... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Give them a few weeks!

brandon jacobs = not a stud.

brandon jacobs = a big turd.

I HATE WINNING IN WEEK 1 .......

Every year we have "panic" owners and people get dropped (Ocho Cinco last year).

This years player .............. Cedric Benson ... yep, dude DROPPED him.

Problem is, I won, so my waiver wire pickup is 8th ... no focking way he makes it to me. :cry:

I just think Jacobs has very little fantasy value. I love watching the guy play because he almost looks ridiculous lined up at running back but it doesn't look like he will be used in the passing game and Ward is going to get a lot of playing time.

Jacobs is a beast but when you watch him it's almost like he looks for contact too much. GREAT quality in real football, but with his running style how in the world do you think that kneee will hold up?

I would be careful of Ward. People just assume that he is going to get his because of the offense. I don't read too much into his nice week 1 as he caught Dallas offguard. Remember Morris of Seattle last year. Didn't exactly light up the Fantasy points despite being in a good position.

I would keep Jacobs for as long as you can. That's why you drafted him as high as you did. It's easier to drop a player like him in a free league. Try doing that in a pay league, your instincts will say no.