Sign in to follow this  
niehues23

Brees, Evans, Witten for Favre, Holmes, Watson

My team is in my sig...

I'm getting:

Drew Brees

Lee Evans

Jason Witten

Najeh Davenport (optional) or Amani Toomer (optional)

I'm giving:

Brett Favre

Santonio Holmes

Benjamin Watson

Kenny Watson (optional) or Roydell Williams (optional)

I know my players are much hotter right now but Brees and Evans are gonna bust out of there early season slump soon and I am basically trading away depth. Also he has offered to add Najeh Davenport if I give up Kenny Watson (he has Rudi) Should I pull the trigger on this trade and should I keep Kenny or get Najeh...any advice is appreciated THANKS!!

LEAVE A LINK....

Yeah I'd probably do it. Looks like it's just for depth anyways, and the only one you could regret is Santonio Holmes. Witten is pretty even with Watson. And I'd much rather have Brees as a backup to Kitna than Favre. Favre hasn't thrown many INT's yet, which means there are a lot coming.

Yeah I'd probably do it. Looks like it's just for depth anyways, and the only one you could regret is Santonio Holmes. Witten is pretty even with Watson. And I'd much rather have Brees as a backup to Kitna than Favre. Favre hasn't thrown many INT's yet, which means there are a lot coming.

You're a tool. They aren't coming this year. He's managing the games better now. Favre will be tons better than Brees. Brees is done for, that team is a lost cause. DON'T DO IT!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291023

You're a tool. They aren't coming this year. He's managing the games better now. Favre will be tons better than Brees. Brees is done for, that team is a lost cause. DON'T DO IT!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291023

First of all, now I wish I wasn't nice enough to help you on your question. Hopefully your pitiful group of cast-off RB's ruins your season. Anyways, Favre is an Interception-machine. you know he will be passing all year, and with that will come his calling card - the INT. Look at his history if you don't believe me. And what are we arguing over really, this guy's BACKUP quarterback?

First of all, now I wish I wasn't nice enough to help you on your question. Hopefully your pitiful group of cast-off RB's ruins your season. Anyways, Favre is an Interception-machine. you know he will be passing all year, and with that will come his calling card - the INT. Look at his history if you don't believe me. And what are we arguing over really, this guy's BACKUP quarterback?

Sorry about the tool comment and thanks for the help....but the offense is different this year. Have you actually watched a Packer game this year? His INTs will be way down this year.

Since you are trading away just you're depth, i say go for it. the only thing to hope is that Kitna can stay healthy. he's been getting a little beat up this season, with the concussion and getting sacked 9 times last week. But then hopefully Brees would the o-line will get it together after the bye. I love the upgrade of witten over watson. Evans and holmes are both deep threats up i think evans has more upside. good move for you

Considering all the players involved, I look at it as a Favre for Witten deal. While you would definetly be upgrading at TE, you can lose a lot at QB. I'm not so sure Brees will come out of this slump and play as well last season...I really don't think he will. Kitna, in my opinion, is nearly on par with Favre all things considered for this season, with the exception that Kitna is more likely to miss a game due to injury. That bein' said, a good TE can be invaluable since there are so few that can rack up stats. I'm kinda goin' out on a limb here and sayin' it might be worth it.