Sign in to follow this  
aggiewildlife

Would you trade Edge for Plax?

I'm in a 10 team yahoo league (start 2 RBs, 3 WRs).

At RB, I have Gore, Edge, McGahee, B Jacobs, T Jones, and Norwood.

At WR, I have T.O., Chambers, B Edwards, and K Curtis.

I'd like to turn some of that immense RB depth into more WR depth. I offered a guy TJOnes for Plax, but he countered with Plax for Edge.

Considering my depth and the opportunity to add a quality WR, should I take the trade? I like Edge and have concerns about Plax's health, but as usual, it's not easy getting people to trade in my league. I also can absorb the loss of Edge fairly easily I think.

Would you do it? Will respond to all, thanks!

Hold off and get more data. I like the trade, but Plax has a bad ankle. Try to get more info about it, otherwise i say go for it.

Next time post your link.

I know Edge is worth more, if there were no other factors, but (assuming Plax is healthy) sometimes the only way to make a trade is to make one that's somewhat to the other player's advantage. If you have the depth to absorb that loss (which I think I do), then that seems like a good time to go ahead and make the deal you might not make if there were no other considerations.

The bottom line is that I have alot of RBs and want some more depth at WR. There are only 2 teams in my league that really need RBs and have enough WRs that they would be willing to trade them. So those are the only teams that seem like good trade targets.

But, like it was said, I need to know if Plax is going to be healthy or not.

Thanks for mine.

I think it's a decent deal for you. Both teams improve in this situation. You can obviously afford to give away Edge. I might send out a couple flyers on Edge to some other owners with top WR's and see if any bite. If not come back to this one.

I think I would hold off on this trade for Edge. If he needs more backs try trading him 2 out of Jacobs, T Jones, and Norwood. If I was in need of backs and had pretty good depth at WR I would consider trading Plax for Jacobs and T Jones, and you would still have Gore, Edge and McGahee. Since you only start 2 backs those 3 are a solid corp of backs.

Thanks for mine