Sign in to follow this  
adanley

Roster Conundrum

I really need to pickup a TE this week with Vernon Davis hurt. I'm going to pickup either Jeff King or Donald Lee, as they are the only decent TE's available. Here's the problem, who do I drop? Trading is not a option.

QB Matt Hasselbeck, Brett Favre

RB Brian Westbrook, Willis McGahee, Brandon Jacobs, Jerious Norwood, DeAngelo Williams, Correll Buckhalter

WR Terrell Owens, Donald Driver, Deion Branch, Santonio Holmes, Ronald Curry, Brandon Marshall

TE Vernon Davis

PK Jeff Reed

Def Chargers

i actually faced a similiar situation this week and i decided to part ways with davis and i picked up g.olsen. im not saying this is what i recommend you do,but it was just a gut feeling i had and i felt you cant go wrong with a TE out of the U. also i figured i should be able to pick davis back up in a couple weeks if it doesnt work out.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=291466

What about dropping Vernon Davis to cover this week, and then work out a trade with someone to pick up a decent tight end for the long term? Vernon Davis is not that much better than many of the other top 10 choices at this point, and - if you are allowed trades in the league - you may be able to work out a trade that includes a startable TE for the long term. I'm guessing you can't play all 6 WR at once, so work out the matchups and the bye weeks, and see who's the most expendable.

How may teams are in your league, and how many TE's are they hoarding? It's hard to believe those are the only TE options in standard sized leagues (in most leagues I've seen few teams carry more than one TE on their roster unless the bench is deep; roster spots are simply too valuable for it).

What about dropping Vernon Davis to cover this week, and then work out a trade with someone to pick up a decent tight end for the long term? Vernon Davis is not that much better than many of the other top 10 choices at this point, and - if you are allowed trades in the league - you may be able to work out a trade that includes a startable TE for the long term. I'm guessing you can't play all 6 WR at once, so work out the matchups and the bye weeks, and see who's the most expendable.

How may teams are in your league, and how many TE's are they hoarding? It's hard to believe those are the only TE options in standard sized leagues (in most leagues I've seen few teams carry more than one TE on their roster unless the bench is deep; roster spots are simply too valuable for it).

Sounds like dropping Davis is the way to go. Thanks.

I'd drop Davis. You can find a better TE producer up until this point on your waivers, i'm sure.