Sign in to follow this  
my_9th_season

Disturbings from TV and other musings

Have you seen Warren Sapp's promo spot for the NFL Network? The "hilarious" one? If you have, did you notice that he winks right after he says his line? Who is he winking at exactly? The millions of women that subscribe to the NFL Network? I don't think so. Does Warren not realize that the NFL Network is comprised primarily of an 18-34 yr old MALE demographic? Disturbing.

Has anyone else noticed that in almost all of Bill Belichick's press conferences, he looks like he just suffered a concussion? He never really looks like he's making a personal connection with anyone, constantly speaking in a monotone voice. I'm half expecting him to bust out a long diatribe on the dangers of global warming in the NFL (RE: Al Gore). I have to pause the TV every time he comes on, for fear of slipping into a coma while waiting for injury updates.

Speaking of Jedi Bill, did you see the way he brightened up while crowing about Ed Reed? I'm not sure what Ed Reed's contract situation is at the end of this year, but if he becomes any kind of free agent at the end of the season, the Ravens had better be prepared to pay him dearly to stick around. Otherwise, Bill will be restructuring his own contract just to get him. The March 2008 weather forecast is predicting a 60-70% chance of Ed Reed in the New England area.

Can anyone tell me why there is a safety position among the 11 players on defense, yet there is also a play that results in 2 points when you tackle an offensive player in his own end zone, also called a safety?

Speaking of safeties, my condolences to the Taylor family for the tragic loss of Sean Taylor. One can only wonder what might have been. The HOF would do good to grant Sean Taylor a posthumous, honorary HOF entry. Sean, if you're watching or reading this, I hope you're haunting the hell out of the coward that took your life.

Have you seen Warren Sapp's promo spot for the NFL Network? The "hilarious" one? If you have, did you notice that he winks right after he says his line? Who is he winking at exactly? The millions of women that subscribe to the NFL Network? I don't think so. Does Warren not realize that the NFL Network is comprised primarily of an 18-34 yr old MALE demographic? Disturbing.

Has anyone else noticed that in almost all of Bill Belichick's press conferences, he looks like he just suffered a concussion? He never really looks like he's making a personal connection with anyone, constantly speaking in a monotone voice. I'm half expecting him to bust out a long diatribe on the dangers of global warming in the NFL (RE: Al Gore). I have to pause the TV every time he comes on, for fear of slipping into a coma while waiting for injury updates.

Speaking of Jedi Bill, did you see the way he brightened up while crowing about Ed Reed? I'm not sure what Ed Reed's contract situation is at the end of this year, but if he becomes any kind of free agent at the end of the season, the Ravens had better be prepared to pay him dearly to stick around. Otherwise, Bill will be restructuring his own contract just to get him. The March 2008 weather forecast is predicting a 60-70% chance of Ed Reed in the New England area.

Can anyone tell me why there is a safety position among the 11 players on defense, yet there is also a play that results in 2 points when you tackle an offensive player in his own end zone, also called a safety?

Speaking of safeties, my condolences to the Taylor family for the tragic loss of Sean Taylor. One can only wonder what might have been. The HOF would do good to grant Sean Taylor a posthumous, honorary HOF entry. Sean, if you're watching or reading this, I hope you're haunting the hell out of the coward that took your life.

Bill Belichick hates the media and thinks they are idiots! He is correct!

Bill Belichick hates the media and thinks they are idiots! He is correct!

By the looks of your signature, and if I didn't know any better (and I don't)....I would swear that you were T. O. himself. LOL...Go Cowboys!