Sign in to follow this  
nycbadger

MJD @ Pitt

Playoff Question for you guys. MJD has clearly taken a back seat to Fred.

My question is would you sit MJD @ Pitt who's been pretty consistent (not spectacular) for a flex guy like Bryant Johnson, Anthony Gonzalez or Maurice Morris?

Against the #1 ranked total Defense in the league, ummm no, especially when their strength is stopping the run. Gonzalez is a good start with Harrison banged up.

Against the #1 ranked total Defense in the league, ummm no, especially when their strength is stopping the run. Gonzalez is a good start with Harrison banged up.

I'd agree. MJD owner and I think he has to get benched this week. He will explode the next week against the Raiders if you can make it.

I'm fine w/benching him vs. Pitt.

Just concerned about starting Gonzalez, as I have Wayne already and the guy I'm going against has Manning.

Watch Addai and Clark catch 4 TD's passes total.

Avoid Gonzalez and start Megatron or Bryant Johnson or Mo Morris?

I never thought I would say this, because I have been a disgruntled MJD owner all season. I have been starting Fargas in his place lately, but Fargas is banged up and going against IND (I don't like the situation). I am actually considering starting MJD with hopes that Fred Taylor cannot get it going on the ground and they have to resort to the screen action to MJD (which they have avoided all season long).

Man, what a time for all the speculation!!!

I'm torn on this too.

I'm contemplating starting my backup TE D. Lee instead. Just not sure I can live with myself if MJD busts off a long one. I'm looking at D. Lee, as my opponent has Farve. My other options are D. Bowe or to pick up A. Gonzalez and start him alongside Wayne.

I'm torn on this too.

I'm contemplating starting my backup TE D. Lee instead. Just not sure I can live with myself if MJD busts off a long one. I'm looking at D. Lee, as my opponent has Farve. My other options are D. Bowe or to pick up A. Gonzalez and start him alongside Wayne.

I'd look hard at Gonzo...he seems to be getting chemistry with Manning.

MJD could easily get you 4 to 9 pts. It's highly doubtful he will get more than that.

D. Lee has great upside/potential for 10+, but could easily get you 3 pts.

I'd say this is more a groupthink discussion......

I noticed this today, and am pretty sure I'll go ahead and play MJD after seeing it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-s...p&type=lgns

"Aaron Smith, one of the Steelers' best defensive players, is out for the rest of the season after he tore a biceps muscle during the 21-point loss to the Patriots on Sunday.

Smith, a defensive end, is an excellent run defender and one of the Steelers' most reliable players since breaking into the NFL as a fourth-round draft pick in 1999. He tried to keep playing during the 34-13 loss, but had to be replaced several times. "