Sign in to follow this  
wolf4birdie

Online Auction Draft?

I have been running a league for about 10 years and I would like to make it an auction draft next year.

1) Is it possible to do an auction draft online?

2) Which site is the best for this?

3) Is there a time limit for picks, does everyone have to be online at the same time, etc?

I've been doing on-line auctions for 2 dynasty leagues for a couple of years now. Use fantasyauctioneer.com. It's fairly reliable, and they will transfer results to MFL after the draft. The price isn't too bad either.

I have been running a league for about 10 years and I would like to make it an auction draft next year.

1) Is it possible to do an auction draft online?

2) Which site is the best for this?

3) Is there a time limit for picks, does everyone have to be online at the same time, etc?

My league did an auction draft for the 1st time this past year at fantasyauctioneer.com. It was great, EVERYONE LOVES IT AND WE WILL NEVER GO BACK TO SERPINTINE!!!

Everyone has to be online at the same time and you set your on time limit for picks (we had 30 second on the auction clock that reset everytime someone made a bid).

fantasyauctioneer.com is a great site.

im 2 years into it.

this year it was a NIGHTMARE though, our draft room locked up after 50 picks, and I had to hand enter the 50 picks again (a day later) to try again, and it once again bombed before we even got started.

I was able to finally finish up 2 days later, but it was quite rocky.

The prob was, they just got over booked this year. The owners handled it with class though, ill give them taht. And they even sent me a check for 100 bucks (draft costs 25). So I cant complain too much, they stepped up to the plate.

I would say this, check with them before you schedule your draft to make sure its not a "peak time", and when I say peak time I mean the Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday before week 1. Other then that, there is non better today.

We tried it once... it was a nightmare.

I don't really see the point of the online auction. Takes half the fun/skill out of the auction since so much of it is playing the other owners to pull off a steal or stick somebody else with an overpaid player.

Same as playing poker online... what's the point?

We tried it once... it was a nightmare.

I don't really see the point of the online auction. Takes half the fun/skill out of the auction since so much of it is playing the other owners to pull off a steal or stick somebody else with an overpaid player.

Same as playing poker online... what's the point?

We have guys spread out in about 6-7 states. Tough to get us all together, but I would like to do an auction style draft.

We have guys spread out in about 6-7 states. Tough to get us all together, but I would like to do an auction style draft.

Yeah... gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

We get together in Vegas every year for ours. Makes for a nice 'guy' weekend.