Sign in to follow this  
Beef Ravioli

Who do I keep for 2008?

12 team auction league.

$200 budget for 2008, I must keep a minimum of 2 and a max of 5 players. The players I keep will have $5 added to their 2007 salary, so I have to be careful who to keep. I could potentially drop someone and draft them for less than what I could get them for next year.

Here is my roster and what their 2008 salary would be:

QB - Matt Schaub ($6) Derek Anderson ($15)

RB - Brandon Jacobs ($18) Ryan Grant ($15) Michael Turner ($6) Selvin Young ($15)

WR - Steve Smith ($42) Reggie Wayne ($40) Brandon Marshall ($15) Owen Daniels ($6)

I am almost certainly going to keep Schaub and Turner, but everyone else worries me. Will Jacobs stay healthy or could I get him for less than 18? Will Grant continue to put up numbers or has the league figured him out? I don't think I will keep my high priced WR's as I probably could get at least one back cheaper, but is Marshall going to be worth the $15?

Let me know what you think and thanks!

12 team auction league.

$200 budget for 2008, I must keep a minimum of 2 and a max of 5 players. The players I keep will have $5 added to their 2007 salary, so I have to be careful who to keep. I could potentially drop someone and draft them for less than what I could get them for next year.

Here is my roster and what their 2008 salary would be:

QB - Matt Schaub ($6) Derek Anderson ($15)

RB - Brandon Jacobs ($18) Ryan Grant ($15) Michael Turner ($6) Selvin Young ($15)

WR - Steve Smith ($42) Reggie Wayne ($40) Brandon Marshall ($15) Owen Daniels ($6)

I am almost certainly going to keep Schaub and Turner, but everyone else worries me. Will Jacobs stay healthy or could I get him for less than 18? Will Grant continue to put up numbers or has the league figured him out? I don't think I will keep my high priced WR's as I probably could get at least one back cheaper, but is Marshall going to be worth the $15?

Let me know what you think and thanks!

Assuming Turner lands a starting gig that looks remotely decent, keep him. I'd keep Schaub too. I would also keep Grant, Marshall and probably Reggie Wayne.

Wayne is now the #1 in Indy and is probably well worth 45 dollars. Marshall should be a steal at 20. Grant would probably fetch at least 30 bucks in the draft so keep him.