Sign in to follow this  
puntjack

FantasyAuctioneer.com

I'm looking into possibly running an online auction draft through fantasyauctioneer.com I've never done an auction draft before and it looks like about the only site available for running an auction draft. Has anyone used it before? What was your experience? Does it go over better than doing live auctions? Have you experienced problems with it before? Were the issues resolved quickly?

Thanks for your help.

live auctions always better! but i used fa last year worked pretty well. i only had one problem was that the timer sound cut out and my timer froze after a while of drafting. it was annoying but when it was a player i wanted i counted myself. it happened both days. we had a two day draft. i never lost out on a bid. i dont think it was my computer because i dont have problems with it. we had 12 guys and a few times we would pause the draft in order for guys to re-enter the room for some reason.

We used it to draft about a month b4 the season started with no issues. If you wait much longer, i remember hearing alot of people complaining about the site crashing. I also did a few dozen mocks with no problems.

I've used it for a few years now for the 2 dynasty leagues I'm in, one of which I commish. It's been pretty good. Some people have had problems with their connections during the on-line draft, but that may have been on their end. For the most part it's worked very well. My favorite part is that they'll transfer the results to your league on MFL, saving the commish from having to enter the players for every team.

live auctions always better! but i used fa last year worked pretty well. i only had one problem was that the timer sound cut out and my timer froze after a while of drafting. it was annoying but when it was a player i wanted i counted myself. it happened both days. we had a two day draft. i never lost out on a bid. i dont think it was my computer because i dont have problems with it. we had 12 guys and a few times we would pause the draft in order for guys to re-enter the room for some reason.

So, did everyone have to be on their own computer? How many picks did you go through? I'm looking at doing an entire 300-player initial draft, so I'm trying to get a gauge on how long to anticipate it taking.

Everyone needs to be on their own computer. We did an initial draft for a 10 team league, 35 roster spots. We had to do it over 2 nights. Ended up taking about 5 hours or so. We let the website know that we needed to do it over two nights, and they didn't try to charge us extra. It worked pretty well.

35 man roster 12 teams 4 hours first day. 2 hours next day. we were out of draft money day 2 and it flew by

Perfect. Thank you to everyone for helping me with this. I want to make sure I have realistic expectations before presenting a plan to my ownership group.