Sign in to follow this  
scrotch

Not another Mike Williams thread...

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60112

I'm not sure what it means, but he has obviously worked very hard this offseason. The fact that he's lost 30+ pounds shows he's atleast committed to football, and it's encouraging to hear him and Heimerdinger on good terms. Perhaps this is part of the reason the Titans didn't draft a WR until the 4th?

I'll be interested to see what he does this season.

I'm not sure what it means, but he has obviously worked very hard this offseason. The fact that he's lost 30+ pounds shows he's atleast committed to football, and it's encouraging to hear him and Heimerdinger on good terms. Perhaps this is part of the reason the Titans didn't draft a WR until the 4th?

He should have went the other way... put on 20 Lbs and learned to block a little bit (at times) and become a Tight End target inside the 20's.....

Yeah...I was wondering why the Titans waited until the 4th round to grab a WR. Besides the fact that the front-office really likes Lavelle Hawkins (Fisher's already compared him to a young Derrick Mason in terms of similar skill-set), my guess is that the coaches really liked the progress that both Mike Williams and Paul Williams were making in the offseason. I'm a little worried about how the WRs and VY will learn Mike Heimerdinger's offense, which is supposed to be pretty complex; but overall, I'm excited about the upcoming season...

I'm excited about Mike Williams...err, cautious optimistic. It sounds like he's matured enough to give it a real go. I think the thing about Heimerdinger's offense is his willingness to go 5-wide. This could actually be very good for Young and his receivers. It will make his reads easier because of the way the formation spreads out the defense and forces the defense to play a limited type of package. At least that's what I think from seeing the Titans last time with Heimerdinger at the helm. I would think they'll do the same thing with Young that they did successfully with McNair.

I'd be really happy with VY late in this draft and I believe you'll be able to get him in the second half of my drafts. I picked him up as my #2 QB late in a mock draft on Thursday after I grabbed Hasselbeck several rounds earlier. I think if an owner can manage to draft good backs and WRs and a solid starter like Hasselbeck who won't hurt you (even if he is rarely fantastic), then Young is a nice swing for the fences.