Sign in to follow this  
CheeseCake

Anthony Gonzalez

I picked Anthony Gonzalez earlier because I thought Marvin Harrison was on his way towards a slippery slope. Peyton Manning seems to like spreading the ball around, and Marvin was taken out of the last playoff game against the chargers in place of Gonzalez. Harrison fumbled, and Gonzalez scored a 40+ yard touchdown. I'm not too keen on the apparent off-season shooting involving Marvin Harrison either.

To add on, he seemed to have a knack for those wide open bomb passes from Peyton Manning last season.

If Marvin isn't up to his old form gonzales should put up solid numbers in his place he has good speed and runs good routes with great hands

harrison looks to be done. he has had issues with BOTH knees the past yr. for someone whose game is predicated on precision route running at full speed, that does not bode well at all. he looked terribly uncomfortable and prcautious on his 1 reception in the playoff game versus the chargers. that catch and run ultimately ended in a fumble when he looked to be awkwardly trying to adjust his body during the tackle/contact due to the legs.

gonzo2 looked pretty darn good for a rookie in a sophisticated pass offense with the best qb in the game. his strengths out of college were toughness, hands, and knowing how to get open, which suit him well for that team. i see a very strong likelihood for "mini-welker"-esque stats next yr. :pointstosky: :thumbsdown:

I don't know if I would call him a sleeper. I think some owners see him as a guy to reach for with Harrison looking like he could be slowing down. 500+ yards and 3 TDs is pretty good for a rookie on a team with all the talent that Indy has. There is only room to improve but I would max him out at 750 yards and 5 TDs in '08. Since there is still the question of Harrison and all of the other weapons in Indy.

I see him more as a Stokley type numbers. I don't see him as a number 2 guy behind Wayne just yet. Honestly, if Harrison can play, the Colts will take him over Gonzalez for most games, but having Harrison on the field, will only help Gonzalez get the third or fourth best defender on him, as Dallas also has to be accounted for on the field.

I wouldn't be stunned to see him have a slow down this season and should put up more numbers now that Manning has had a year with him and he showed some promise for Manning towards the end. I would give him a good 800 to 900 yards, 60 catches and 6 to 8 td's this year. I do think he will be the new deep threat as you mentioned that Harrison used to be.

I still would like to see the Colts add another vetern WR to the team, due to what happened to us last year. Joe Horn was one mentioned a while back that I am sure, Manning would love to have around.