Sign in to follow this  
tazman01

WR Mason or Royal - who to keep

0.5 ppr, yards and 6pts /td.

I can only keep one - Mason, or Royal, I'm leaning towards Royal as I am more confident in the pass game at Denver.

Personally I would go Royal, Cutler looks great and Baltimore's offense scares me. Disclaimer: I'm a Denver homer.

Thanks for your response.

I like Royal a great deal myself; is this a keeper or dynasty league? In just about any format, I would be ok with a Royal dice roll; however, if you need steady source of points, maybe that is Mason? In the end, Mason doesn't do it for me and just seems a lot like visiting the ice cream parlor and settling on 'vanilla'.

I absolutely love Royal - but not this year, and not in a PPR league. Mason has been a consistent PPR producer who will get about 40 more catches than Royal and you can plug in as a WR3 - WR4 with confidence on a bye week.

Drafting Royal for a bye week fill-in is way too dicey. Most time he will be much more likely to get you 1 catch for 12 yards while Mason gets you 4 catches for 20. The difference in PPR is considerable, and even the best rookie WRs drive you crazy with thier inconsistency.

Stay away from Royal and go with the les sexy pick here.