Sign in to follow this  
bengalsfan85

Matt Forte..is he the real deal?

I have him on my team and unfortunately benched him in favor of Ricky williams this week but is he solid going down the stretch? I know he had 100+ yds and a TD but is he a sell high candidate or is he a keeper? Maybe it was just a bad Indy Run defense that made him look good. Take out his 50yd run and he was fairly average and on a shi tty team. so any advice would be great..

His offensive line didn't magically improve. The Colts just were awful on both sides of the ball. I don't know if it was the opening of the new stadium, Peyton missing time or what, but the whole Colts team looked very bad. Orton looked like, well...Orton. Forte is a solid RB, but this game was basically handed to them by Indianapolis. You can either try to sell him high or hang on to him, but if you keep him you must realize he's not the second coming of Walter Payton. His offensive line is poor-average, his QB is poor-average, his receivers are poor, and his defense is also poor-average. As you pointed out, take away that gimme 50 yard run and he's looking at about 3 yards per carry and that's what you should expect.

Actually, he was sitting at 4 YPC for quite a while after discounting the 50-yd. TD, but as the Bears just kept pounding it in the second half to protect the lead, the Colts kinda knew what was coming. I think Forte showed that he can be a good back, but at the same time, a lot hinges on the passing game. The Bears need enough of a passing game to keep defenses honest, and I don't know that they can do that.

Regardless, the Bears are going to feed him, so Forte makes a pretty good flex option, IMO. Yes, I am a Forte owner, but I also have plenty of other options.

He'll get the carries, that's for sure. Kevin Jones will vulture some touches, but Forte should be the starter unless he really falters.

the colts also gave up the most points to opposing rbs last year.

i think he impressed me enough to start over crayton in my league but i'm gonna keep him as my #3 behind LT and Thomas Jones

the colts also gave up the most points to opposing rbs last year.

i think he impressed me enough to start over crayton in my league but i'm gonna keep him as my #3 behind LT and Thomas Jones

What the hell are you talking about? :overhead: The Colts gave up the 26th most points to RB's last year.

You know what's crazy…if you take away all his rushes except the 50 yd TD, Forte averages 50 yd and a TD every time he touches the ball.

I like this make your own stats thing…I now own the best RB on the planet. :pointstosky:

I somehow ended up with Gold for RB's, I have Lynch and Parker as my starters with T. Jones, McFadden and Forte on my bench. Parker and Lynch have the same bye so I need two of them but considering unloading the third for a WR on account of my WR's suck....

Hoping Forte plays out as a sell high and I don't get burned but that's how I see him right now.

:pointstosky: