Sign in to follow this  
pigskin21

Best WW Pickups after week one...

Who do you think is worth the trouble after week one?

Eddie Royal?

Chad Pennington?

Kitna?

Cassel?

Delhomme?

Someone else?

All good choices (well maybe not Pennington).

Justin Gage may get a boost with Collins.

Andre Hall may get enough carries to be a factor in Denver.

Courtney Taylor. Someone has to catch some passes in Seattle.

None of the abovementioned players are available waiver wire players in my league except maybe Courtney Taylor. Really, it depends on what your needs are. After week 1 I'd say you can't miss with Eddie Royal. With Marshall back he won't get as many targets but he should still have some big games with Marshall getting the lion's share of double teams.

Both Delhomme and Kitna make servicable back up QBs. I'd take Delhomme over Kitna, but not by that much. Both will put up better numbers than Pennington barring injury.

Needing to replace my #4 WR (Nate "Big Tease" Burleson)) I just found Brandon Stokley on the WW.

Eddie Royal is probably out there in leagues. If he is not the #1 waiver pick, then your league is weak.

I also like:

Sammy Morris, Pierre Thomas, Tim Hightower, Kevin Walter, Randy McMichael, Robert Royal

Needing to replace my #4 WR (Nate "Big Tease" Burleson)) I just found Brandon Stokley on the WW.

You should have left him there. He was not a factor with Marshall out, and I fail to see how he will be going forward.

For myself, I took a flyer on Miles Austin as my WR7 or something like that (22-man roster dynasty). He looked very strong in the preseason and even though Clayton performed well week 1, I could still see him making noise. In shallower leagues, just keep an eye on him. But he is expected to resume practicing this week and may be available week 2.

McCareins is a better bet than Gage to see improvement with Collins behind center. His big play potential meshes well with Collins' arm strength and 'Dinger's offensive philosophy of loosening up the defense via downfield strikes (see last time McCareins and Dinger were in Tennessee together).

McCareins is a better bet than Gage to see improvement with Collins behind center. His big play potential meshes well with Collins' arm strength and 'Dinger's offensive philosophy of loosening up the defense via downfield strikes (see last time McCareins and Dinger were in Tennessee together).

With the injury to Young, I wonder if Heimerdinger was looking through his rolodex for Billy Volek's number. Hey man, we're gettin' the band back together!

Eddie Royal is probably out there in leagues. If he is not the #1 waiver pick, then your league is weak.

I also like:

Sammy Morris, Pierre Thomas, Tim Hightower, Kevin Walter, Randy McMichael, Robert Royal

I'm putting a claim in for Aaron Rodgers over him. Guess I'm weak.

Wow, Rodgers was available? He was starting for me in week one.

Yeah. 10 team league. Surprising thing is 23 QBs were drafted. A couple guys asked (puzzled) if he was still available, but still passed. There's always a couple players in a 10-team league who just don't get drafted because of numbers.

How about.... multiple owners in my league thought Royal was a steal, so he was starting (against me) in Week One?

Does that make my league weak or strong? Would it be a stronger league if Javon Walker were on a roster? Heh.

How about.... multiple owners in my league thought Royal was a steal, so he was starting (against me) in Week One?

Does that make my league weak or strong? Would it be a stronger league if Javon Walker were on a roster? Heh.

I think that he meant Royal should be the #1 waiver pick up in leagues in which he is not already rostered. If an owner started him against that Oakland secondary, I'd say yours probably has some sharp (or at least lucky) owners.