Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Maroney's Nuts

Another Brady fall-out offer thread...

12 team league, non-ppr, redraft.

I went depth -- pretty happy with my team and prospects at this point. Will stick to skill position discussion for this thread:

my squad

QB: Warner / Cutler / Hasselbeck

RB: T Jones / Edge / Forte / Ray Rice

WR: TO / Wayne / Berrian / poo #1 / poo #2

(I'm looking to upgrade 3rd WR spot)

Brady owner

QB: Brady / O'Sullivan

RB: nobody I'm interested in -- MJD, etc

WR: Braylon / Driver / Brandon Marshall

He offered me Braylon for Cutler. If I had trust in Hasselbeck's health, I'd probably pull the trigger in order to upgrade my 3rd WR and just go with a Warner and Hasselbeck platoon. I may counter with Warner (& Berrian) for Brandon Marshall or something along those lines... I was targeting Marshall in the draft but he slipped by me... I may just dangle Warner out there to see what he counters with. Warner does have the potential to be a formidable ffb points machine, so who knows?

While this may seem like the ultimate "Sell high on Cutler you dummy" trade, I'm hesitant for several reasons:

1) I plan on fading the Browns all season long -- I feel last year was flukey

2) Cutler has a nice schedule; especially late in the season; and I've been high on the kid for some time -- i think top 5 is attainable.

3) Braylon's schedule = Pitt / Baltimore / NFC East

I dunno, Warner is no slouch, if he remains healthy and the starter in AZ (I don't think Leinart is a real threat)... hmm???

I'm just not buying into Braylon and the Brownies this year - But that doesn't mean he wont produce good ffb numbers.

Help me to stop waffling here / counter proposal ideas / etc

Leave your link.

Thx.