Sign in to follow this  
Fantasy Noob

Bench Addai this week?

Any opinions are greatly appreciated, I might be and probably am overthinking this.

I have Addai in two of my leagues and was considering starting R. Williams over him in my more important league. My opponent is starting Edge and Selvin Young, so I think I can afford to gamble at running back and start R. Williams in place of Addai. Is this too big a gamble, we play within the division the first 4 games and I really don't want to start the season 0 and 2, not sure I can recover from that. Between Addai, Palmer and Edwards stinking up the joint in week one I got blown out.

I have heard the arguement don't bench your studs, but does Addai really qualify? He is a feature back, but one that comes out any time he is dinged, I am not sure that maxim applies to him. Of course the other side is, if Arizona blows out Miami, a real possibility does R. Williams become useless? Or is this all crazy talk?

Another possible sneaky play would be to start Tim Hightower? In effect hopefully vulturing any rushing TD's and neutralizing Edge at RB, this feels even riskier than starting R. Williams? I have very good WR in a ppr league, with my starting three being Edwards, Marshall, Holmes I think they give me the edge over his team?

His Team

QB Cassel

RB Young, Edge

WR Holt, Wayne, Crayton

TE Winslow

K Folk

Def Cowboys

Mine

QB Palmer or Schaub, leaning towards Palmer I think Baltimore is really good this year on D

RB Addai, T.Jones - R. Williams or T. Hightower for Addai

WR Edwards, Marshall, Holmes

TE LJ Smith

K Neil Rackers

Def Baltimore

Leave a link, I would be more than happy to spout off some of my crazy ideas. :pointstosky:

If you had a credible #3 (like a Chris Johnson or Matt Forte), I'd say yes, bench Addai. But Bong Williams did not look good in Week 1, and Hightower is only a short yardage back.

Addai is a stud - a fragile one, yes - but he's more likely to get you points than Williams or Hightower. Just cross your fingers that someone doesn't pat Addai to hard on his ass after a big run, which causes him to sit the rest of the game out :pointstosky:

"Just cross your fingers that someone doesn't pat Addai to hard on his ass after a big run, which causes him to sit the rest of the game out rolleyes.gif"

I lol'ed if I knew how I would put this in my signature, but I am mildly computer retarded.

Thanks for the input.

"Just cross your fingers that someone doesn't pat Addai to hard on his ass after a big run, which causes him to sit the rest of the game out rolleyes.gif"

I lol'ed if I knew how I would put this in my signature, but I am mildly computer retarded.

Thanks for the input.

roll with Addai...he'll find a way to get it done.

see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=323377

I debated benching Addai too for Jamal Lewis which is better option than what you have. But I'm going with Addai. Rhodes is not that good and the Colts could be looking at 0-2.With Minn being so weak vs. the pass Addai will have open lanes. In fact, I bet a dude in my league who is a vikings fan a 6 pack that Addai will run for a 100. Believe in Addai...I think most backs would had their bell rung on the hit he took.