Sign in to follow this  
DanXIII

Another trade question...different league

I get: Philip Rivers, Larry Johnson

I give: Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush

Standard performance PPR scoring.

My relevant roster: QB: Palmer, Delhomme RB: Bush, Addai, Selvin Young, Felix Jones, Fred Taylor

Yea or nay?

Do it . I think Carson is going to have a bad season. Rivers is on fire. Palmer has not thrown a TD yet. So I doubt he catches Rivers. And Larry Johnson is going to have some good games.

Tough call, but I'd pass. I wouldn't want to be starting LJ in any leagues right now. Bush is a top 10 RB in PPR. Palmer will catch fire. I know the O-line stinks, but they didn't forget how to throw and catch the football. They'll turn in around. And you can rely on Delhomme in the meantime now that Smith is back. I'd pass.

I get: Philip Rivers, Larry Johnson

I give: Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush

Standard performance PPR scoring.

My relevant roster: QB: Palmer, Delhomme RB: Bush, Addai, Selvin Young, Felix Jones, Fred Taylor

Yea or nay?

I wouldn't do it. You have a better chance with Delhomme or Carson coming back then LJ doing anything. Especially in a PPR league.

hell no!!! I mean true Rivers is playing well but I expect him to gravitate back down to earth and his mediocrity very soon. Palmer while terrible thus far has upside. I see delhomme and rivers as very similar and both startable if palmer can't turn it around. But bush in a ppr league is a borderline stud, LJ will not catch the ball out of the backfieldand has shown no real signs of breaking out of his slump. Especially with backups Kolby Smith and Jammal Charles taking some 3rd and goaline reps.

DECLINE>>END OF STORY

I would keep what you have.

QBs: I think the Bengals will continue to be awful, and I don't expect Palmer to get hot. I do however expect Delhomme to be a respectable starting QB, and should put up decent numbers, especially with Steve Smith back. Yes, Rivers has been on fire, but I also feel he will come back to earth once he starts facing better Defenses.

RBs: LJ may rebound slightly, and end up being a decent RB2 be years end, but I wouldn't count on it, with the utter mess that is KC right now. Bush is Hot right now, and with Colston out for a bit, Bush is clearly Brees' best weapon. I feel he will be the center of the Saints Red Zone offense this year.

I'd much rather roll with Delhomme and Bush than Palmer and LJ.

I wouldn't do this trade. You giving up Bush in a PPR league is not a wise move. Getting Johnson and Rivers doesn't make up for losing all of Bush's valuable catches. I realize your most likely down on Palmer but you have Delhomme with Steve Smith back in the mix. Stay put. Don't do this trade.

Mine?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...t&p=3728860