Sign in to follow this  
ivan852

Bear Fans, Is Forte For Real?

Looks like he's been increasing his receptions, especially last game (he scored a TD off a catch too)

Is this a fluke or does he have skills as both a rusher and receiver? I like the chances of him scoring in my PPR league, even though he has a couple tough match-ups coming up, especially Philly this week.

Chicago homer and he is very real. Without him this offense would be horrible. He is a must start each week. He still gets to go up against Detroit Twice, St. Louis, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston. He should have some very good games. Bears should be 3-0 but our Defense only plays 55 minutes.

I've watched all 3 games and he is definitely the real deal. He's good in PPR leagues because Orton is gonna be checking down a bunch. He seems to have good hands as pass catcher as well. He's getting the vast majority of the snaps, and he hits the holes (which I am surprised have been there) very hard and quick. He's a good north/south runner who has decent quicks and doesn't seem to fall backwards alot.

I've been very impressed. I think he will finish in the top 10 for RB's. Must start, IMO.

The only concern with Forte is going to be the rookie bubble. I am not sure I would want my fantasy season resting on a guy with his workload in a rookie season. There is a typical fall off with rookies after week 10. Not all but enough for it to be a factor. As you head into the playoffs, you may see his production drop from his average. I would take a hard look at his schedule if he keeps up the # of touches through the rest of this season.

The only concern with Forte is going to be the rookie bubble. I am not sure I would want my fantasy season resting on a guy with his workload in a rookie season. There is a typical fall off with rookies after week 10. Not all but enough for it to be a factor. As you head into the playoffs, you may see his production drop from his average. I would take a hard look at his schedule if he keeps up the # of touches through the rest of this season.

Luckily I don't have to use him every week, but I'm finding him a lot more productive than Portis or even one of my WRs (I can flex him against my WRs.)