Sign in to follow this  
FantasyChick

HOU Linebacker breaks own leg

Coach Gary Kubiak announced Wednesday that starting strongside linebacker Zac Diles, who leads the Texans with 66 tackles this year, broke his left tibia in practice today.

The injury occurred when Diles kicked himself accidentally while running in a half-speed special teams drill. He was taken to a hospital where he is being evaluated.

"He'll be gone for the year," Kubiak said. "He's going to have to have a rod inserted. They're going to try to get that done tonight. We lost a kid that was becoming a great player. It's difficult on the football team to watch that today. We just wish him the best."

There was a loud 'snap' sound before Diles fell to the ground.

WTF! How does this happen :wub:

A guy in my league picked him up today even though the news was out yesterday. I don't play him this week so I'm debating letting him know about it so someone else doesn't get an easy win against him.

It's too bad, because he was having a great season.

Coach Gary Kubiak announced Wednesday that starting strongside linebacker Zac Diles, who leads the Texans with 66 tackles this year, broke his left tibia in practice today.

The injury occurred when Diles kicked himself accidentally while running in a half-speed special teams drill. He was taken to a hospital where he is being evaluated.

"He'll be gone for the year," Kubiak said. "He's going to have to have a rod inserted. They're going to try to get that done tonight. We lost a kid that was becoming a great player. It's difficult on the football team to watch that today. We just wish him the best."

There was a loud 'snap' sound before Diles fell to the ground.

WTF! How does this happen :D

Any blunt force to a limb at just the right time can break any bone. My guess is that he kicked himself right as he planted with the full weight of his body strictly on that leg. If that bone doesn't have a chance to flex itself when the blow comes about, it'll snap.

I do agree, though, that this is crazy.

I hate when I do that.

Same here. :rolleyes:

So I guess Rice/McGahee/McClain get a slight bump in the rankings now?