Sign in to follow this  
hoffdaddy

D. Davis to see more carries

Texans: Davis likely to get more work

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2003

News

Rookie running back Domanick Davis has 34 touches and 220 total yards over the last two games, while “starter” Stacey Mack has just 21 for 58 in that same span. Initially, Houston coaches attributed the discrepancy to a game plan that had the Texans in three-wide receiver sets for most of the game—the alignment in which Davis is the lone setback. However, that may be about to change. “Whoever produces is going to end up playing more and more,” coach Dom Capers told the Houston Chronicle yesterday. “I was impressed with the way he [Davis] played. I like what I’m seeing.” Capers added that he would not rule out additional work for Davis. “As a guy produces, you’re going to try and get him on the field as much as you possibly can,” he said.

Views

The Texans also like Tony Hollings, whom they picked up in the supplemental draft, but he appears to be taking a back seat to Davis at ! this point. With Mack failing to produce and the Texans not committed to him beyond this season, it wouldn’t be at all surprising to see Davis get more and more carries regardless of Houston’s formation. This week’s matchup with the Jets, who are allowing an average of 150 rushing yards per game, could be a springboard for Davis into feature-back duty the rest of the season.

Yah, I seen this yearlier, and looked to see where he was drafted. Right where I thought, near the end of the second. Nice pickup! ...and a swell recovery from that incredible reach for Nall! wink

How many rb's do you need???

Topes:

Yah, I seen this yearlier, and looked to see where he was drafted.  Right where I thought, near the end of the second.  Nice pickup!  ...and a swell recovery from that incredible reach for Nall!   wink  

Low blow. I still believe he is the future at QB in Green Bay.