Sign in to follow this  
FF TOMCAT

Dynasty trade

WHat do you think.

LT 1 year left as a useful back.

Jacobs maybe two years left as a useful back

Not sure how much long P. Manning will be around 5 years maybe.

Avery is a young WR with upside, I don't have many #1 young receivers.

2010 #1 rookie pick, could lose out on a good prospect.

I give: Jacobs, Avery & #1 2010 rookie draft. Now the knuckhead added Lienert to his wish list. Price is now too high.

I get: P. Manning & LT

PPR league

My only legit QB is Flacco, not good.

First of all, read back your posts to yourself and make sure they make sense. This is trouble to read.

I almost jumped at this and said absolutely, but thinking about it, I think the other guy is just name dropping to try and get more bang for his buck. I think LT has a little more than 1 year in him, and Peyton Manning is the pinnacle of consistency; you'll do right by him for the next 5 years or so. But I also think Brandon Jacobs has more than 2 years in him. He's only 27 years old...I'd say 4 years if you include this one. But considering his roughneck running style, he is prone to injuries, more so than LT. Plus, I just wouldn't lose much sleep losing Donnie Avery. The only problem I see here is losing your draft pick. If you do well, no big loss, but if your team doesn't do well, then he gets a great pick and you're still ass out. I like the trade aside from that, so either try to get him to squeeze in a 2nd or 3rd round pick from his side for the same year, or bump the #1 down to a #2 or #3 and I'd call that pretty even. Unless you think you are absolutely doomed with Joe Flacco, in which case Manning is huuuuge step up and might be totally worth the #1 pick. Have fun, happy drafting.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...346916&st=0

I would acquire Manning & LT. Jacobs running style is going to limit his longevity. I think LT has 2-3 productive years left, as does Jacobs. Losing the Rams #1 WR would not concern me.