Sign in to follow this  
shake_a_leg

Calvin Johnson & Jeremy Shockey

Would you make this trade?

Typical yahoo league scoring, 10 teams. Johnson and Colston are pretty similar projected, Gates is a huge upgrade for me.....input?

Oh yeah....league rules say I can't keep Calvin Johnson next year. Colston could be kept.

I'll answer yours.

Agree that we need to see rest of team, but I wouldn't make this trade. Johnson was a stud last year with crappy QBs - at a minimum, he gets similar numbers with Culpepper / Stafford. And I think Schockey's a sleeper this year on the awesome NO offense.

Watching the SD first team in preseason, their O-line seems porous - DEFs are getting to LT and Rivers way too quick, which I feel will impact the other SD players. Gates will still be a good TE, but there are questions with him. Also, Colston is on a team where there are a number of OFF weapons, plus he's had a number of surgeries recently, including microfracture.

I think you're better off keeping a Top 5 WR in CJ and sleeper in Shockey. Don't think you'll get the return with Colston and Gates.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=348740

Agree that we need to see rest of team, but I wouldn't make this trade. Johnson was a stud last year with crappy QBs - at a minimum, he gets similar numbers with Culpepper / Stafford. And I think Schockey's a sleeper this year on the awesome NO offense.

Watching the SD first team in preseason, their O-line seems porous - DEFs are getting to LT and Rivers way too quick, which I feel will impact the other SD players. Gates will still be a good TE, but there are questions with him. Also, Colston is on a team where there are a number of OFF weapons, plus he's had a number of surgeries recently, including microfracture.

I think you're better off keeping a Top 5 WR in CJ and sleeper in Shockey. Don't think you'll get the return with Colston and Gates.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=348740

Rest of my team:

QB: KWarner / DGarrard

RB: MTurner / PThomas / LJohnson / LMcClain / FTaylor / JNorwood

WR: CJohnson / CChambers / DeseanJackson / DMason / CHenry

TE: DKeller / JShockey

Any player drafted in the first 3 rounds can't be kept next year, regardless of team. I can't keep PThomas, CJohnson or MTurner next year. I could keep Colston and the fantasy numbers for Colston and Johnson are pretty similar. That's the temptation for me.