Sign in to follow this  
joeunleaded

Need Help with Trade - Harvin / Carlson for Avery / Clark

10 team, PPR. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and one FLEX (R/W/T).

A team is looking for a WR or RB to help his team out, so I am considering offering my players P Harvin and John Carlson for Dallas Clark and Donnie Avery.

Carlson should have a good year, but is not a top TE (IMO). Based on last night, Harvin seems to be Farve's go-to guy. Clark is a top TE, but Avery is on a CRAPPY team (though he is the #1 WR).

Here's my team (starters in bold):

QB - Warner, Farve

RB - S Jackson, Forte, B Jacobs, Wells, Bradshaw (Jacobs is my flex, but can be any R/W/T)

WR - V Jackson, D Bowe, A Gonzalez, P Harvin

TE - Carlson

K - Folk

DEF - MIN

I could offer A Gonzalez instead of Harvin, but with the other WRs in my stable, I'm not sure I can risk that. Bowe is on a sorry team and Jackson's on a team with a suspicious O Line....

Thoughts?

I don't know much about 10 man leagues but that team is almost unbelievable. I honestly wouldn't touch it. Nothing is worse than trading a guy away to see him get tons of fantasy points and not get much in return. Trust me. I know from 5 consecutive years of experience.

I'd probably sit tight at this point. I like avery this year but he and bulger are banged up already. Harvin has upside and saw the field alot last night but Berrian didn't play. Clark clearly is a top flight TE when healthy but don't be suprised if Carlson breaks out this year. They have a lot of weapons in Seattle and Hasselbeck is healthy. Thanks for mine!

Thanks for the advice. It's just I've owned Carlson in the past, and he was kind of meh. But he has looked good in preseason - all depends on Hass....

A lot of players "did the opposite" so QBs and WRs went early. I think Warner was left alone because of the injury risk, and Bowe because... well, he's in KC. I'm old school RB/RB, so when Jacobs was there in the 3rd, it was a no brainer...

The other player's team looks like this:

QB: Manning, Schaub

WR: Fitz, Avery, Holt

RB: Gore, Barber, J Stewart, F Jones, D Brown

TE: Clark, Keller

K: Bironas

DEF: NYG, NE

I wouldn't make the trade either, but I always talk myself out of trades. Carlson is expected to put up good numbers this year and is high on a lot of boards. I wouldn't even think of trading away Anthony Gonzales at this point. I'm really high on him and missed him in both my drafts by a total of 3 picks. He's a number 2 in an offense that puts up numbers year after year.

And to the point of "helping him out". I know leagues are always set up with friends, but no way do I make a "nice" trade to help a guy out. If he wants something, make him come to you. You have the upper hand and can dictate the terms of the trade. Don't cut yourself down just to build another guys team up a little.