Sign in to follow this  
djrockstar

The Perfect Draft

I was wondering what the ideal draft would have been, after looking at the scores of the first two weeks, and this is what I came up with in my competitive 10 team PPR league. Assuming all the keepers in my league were not available (like Chris Johnson) I slotted the best player from the previous round one round higher and it came out a little like this ...

1 - Frank Gore 63.20 (RB1)

2 – Drew Brees 76.66 (QB1)

3 - Vincent Jackson 42.70 (WR3)

4 - Santonio Holmes 41.40 (WR4)

5 - Tony Gonzalez 38.50 (WR5)

6 - Cedric Benson 34.90 (RB5)

7 – Joe Flacco 47.98 (QB2)

8 - Sproles 45.60 (RB5 Keeper)

9 – Take a Nap

10 - Fred Jackson 47.80 (RB2)

11 - Willis McGahee 46.40 (RB3)

12 – Lawrence Tynes 30 (K)

13 - Tim Hightower 43.00 (RB4)

14 - Philly D 39.00 (D)

15 - Steve Smith 43.40 (WR2)

16 - Manningham 45.80 (WR1)

Essentially, anyone in my league could have drafted this roster regardless of draft position. And if they'd somehow had the nerve to start this lineup for two straight weeks ...

Brees

Gore/F.Jackson/McGahee

Manningham/S.Smith(NYG)/V.Jackson

Tynes

Philly

... they would have scored almost twice as many points (437) as the highest scoring team in my league (282).

I'm really curious who got the closest to drafting this lineup or who has inexplicably put up a ridiculous amount of points after two weeks (barring the clowns in non-competitive leagues who end up with four first rounders and five second rounders).

My first 5:

CJ

Brees

Housh (has not paid off so far)

Holmes

Tony Gonzales

4 out of 5 aint bad though. Still a lot to be decided.

Also drafted Flacco and S. Smith (NYG)

Not too far off from your list add: Jets D along with Ray Rice and Ahmad Bradshaw.

306 points in 2 weeks. Far and away in first place. Funny thing is people told me here that my team sucked after I drafted. I realize I could use an upgrade at WR. Need Hester to step up. Someone waived Breaston and I snagged him.

That's with the 10th pick in a 12 team.

I had a whole list of late round RBs I was gonna steal. Got Ahmad Bradshaw in the 6th (too early apparently) Ricky Williams in the 8th (could turn out to be a steal) and Ray Rice in the 9th (a steal). Last pick was Glen Coffee who I waived for Cadillac. Drafted both Flacco and Rothlisberger but someone waived Hasselbeck so I let Flacco go for him. Brees' bye is week 5 and Rothlisberger plays the Lions. Trying to trade Hasselbeck ... might wave him tomorrow.

So it's

Brees/Rothlisberger

Holmes/Housh/Hester/Smith (NY)/Breaston

CJ/Ray Rice/A. Bradshaw/Caddy/Ricky Williams

Tony Gonzales

Jets D

Nick Folk

IDP: London Fletcher

and either Hasselbeck or ... waiver pickup.

Pretty solid ... imho.

WRs went fast. Late third round right before me went Wayne and then Owens. I took Housh. Best available WR on my list and then Holmes early in the 4th. Figured I wanted to spend a 5th round pick on a top TE ... and I got Gonzo ... and 5 starters but only 1 RB. Really wanted Bradshaw and I knew there were other Giants Fans that might snag him ... so that's my 6th round pick. Seven was .... Hester. 8 Ricky Williams 9 Ray Rice and 10 was ... I think Flacco ... 11 was Rohlisberger 12 was Shiancoe 13 was Folk 14 was Minnesotta D? 15 was Jets D and 16 was Coffee

I forgot to draft an IDP. I have since waived Flacco Shiancoe Coffee and MIN. DST for Hasselbeck Breaston and Caddy with London Fletcher as my IDP. Lotta good IDPs on waivers.

All in all though. The key pick here is Brees.

Not perfect ... but there's a lotta games left to be played too.

Scratch that ... London Fletcher has been waived for Ray Lewis

The real WDIS question is at WR3

Breaston - Hester or Housh

Thinking Breaston.