Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

Crazy idea! Could a FF message board buy a real NFL team?

Seriously .... 1% for the idea ..... run with it. I'll do all I can to help.

Matter of fact .... I will sell the shiat outta those shares pre IPO. Somebody smart .... with a job .... should prolly set it up and explain it to us. Someone with a degree in finance.

Someone ....we all trust ..... just set up the fund. $1 a share.

I will promise a fully functional .... easy to use website for less than $10k.

So .... who's got cash?

It's speculative ..... but the bad news is ...... it's all in cash .... or short term bonds .... just like a stock ..... once we float a value ... the financial implications become much more complicated

But if you bring me $10k .... I'll have a fully functioning website by next season where NFL fans can buy shares in a future team.

And from there .... the beauty of it is that if the money is never spent on an NFL team .... it's easy to cash out. It's all just well invested cash to start with.

Someday ...... maybe instead of deciding who you are starting on a fantasy team ...you could decide who you are starting .... for real.

That'd be cool.

Warrants 2-1 though.

Could do it for less ... $5k maybe.

2 people with $3k.

I gotta look into it. There's a whole legal thing I need to look further into .... 2-1 though if anyone wants to shell out the cash to get started.

I think that's a fair offer for initial operating capital .... 2-1. Don't need much. But I know a guy .... good database guy .... he's all SYQL certified from Columbia ..... runs an internet business already.

Wife and kids ... I've known him for like 15 years.

I'll ask him ..... prolly not cheap though!

Giants Fan, if you wire me the money over paypal, I can be the official treasurer for the operation. Something like 100 dollars a week from you should be able to start us off nicely. :dunno:

Let me know what you think.

Some fhag named Q Lazarus ripped some people off. I heard.

Fine .... you want to set up a straight up donation is one thing. These dollars are investments! Treasurer job is a big job.

I have other ideas.