Sign in to follow this  
JazzyJeff30

Need to Find the Best Value

5 player keeper league.... Standard scoring... NO PPR.... 6 pts all TDs

This is a deep draft league 25 rounds so since players kept are only 2 rounds

up from where they are drafted you can keep some players pretty much for their whole

career. What I need to do is find the best value players to keep from my team.

I do get the number 6 & 8 pick in the first round this year thanks to a trade last year.

Here are my thoughts for keepers and the pick i would give up for them. Can only keep 5..

Drew Brees 1.08

Felix Jones 4.05

Brandon Marshall 5.08

Laurence Maroney 8.05

Jeremy Maclin 12.05

Steve Smith (NYG) 13.08

Johnny Knox 23.08

The ones in Bold i think are pretty much no brainers... Who should be my 5th? Which one is the best value?

Im not sure who all is going to be available but i know the players in the first 2 rounds of the draft cant be kept

here is that list.

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Tomlinson, LaDainian SDC RB

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Brady, Tom NEP QB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Moss, Randy NEP WR

Westbrook, Brian PHI RB

Johnson, Andre HOU WR

Manning, Peyton IND QB

Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB

Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

Smith, Kevin DET RB

Grant, Ryan GBP RB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Smith, Steve CAR WR

Wayne, Reggie IND WR

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

Houshmandzadeh, T.J. SEA WR

Sorry for the long winded post just not exactly sure what to do. Leave a link!!

I agree with your bolded choices. Drew Brees at 1.8 is about right, but considering who will be available, I'm not sure he would make it to you at that pick, so I wouldn't take the chance. He is a top 3 QB and first round talent.

I don't like Felix Jones that much. His ADP is in the 5th round range. But keeping him at 4.05 in a 5 player keeper league is probably necessary, especially when you don't have another RB keeper. He probably wouldn't make it to you at 4.05.

Marshall and Smith are no brainers based on their rounds.

For the 5th choice, I like Jeremy Maclin better. I think he has a better chance of being a usable player on your roster as a 3rd WR or bye week filler. Giving up a 12th round pick for a guy going in the late 7th/8th round is still good value. I doubt that 12th round pick is something you banking on to get an impact player. In terms of pure value, I guess Knox is the 23rd is better. He has an ADP around the 11th round. BUT, I'd still go with Maclin because I like him better as a player, and a 12th round pick is not much to give up.

With your first round pick you just have to hope that Gore or Steven Jackson fall to you. Or you will be looking at Ryan Mathews, Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas, etc...

Thanks very much for the reply. Yes i know its going to be tough drafting at that spot with all the RBs that are going to be kept.

I had the 12th pick last year and had to take Thomas and Portis.. Needless to say even with Brees and Marshall and Smith my season

didnt go to well. LOL. I agree with you on Maclin i just needed to hear it from a few more people to pass up on the Maroney and Knox

train wreck.

Purely based on value, Knox at 23rd round is the best choice. The Bears offense should improve from last season and Knox may be a big part of it. While Maclin had a better stat line last season, and probably will again this season, 12th round vs 23rd round means that if Knox blows up you can keep him for years to come for a very good price. I may have a anti-Philly bias as a NYG fan, but I see the Eagles offense heading in the wrong direction, while Chicago with Martz and their offseason pickups can only improve from last season.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=366366

You are in a pretty good spot. I think you can find solid value in drafting some RBs early. So keeping Maroney is out of the question, besides the fact that hes in the doghouse at least 3 games a year for fumble issues.

The real question is between Maclin and Knox. Its clear that Maclin is the better receiver, but as mentioned Knox may be on the better offense. Debatable. So you have to throw in Andy Reid + Kolb v. Martz + Cutler. I think Cutler is a way better QB than Kolb, but Martz will never match up to Reid in terms of production. I know Martz's teams are fun to watch, but if he was a really good coach don't you think he'd have stayed around in some place longer. He doesn't like to protect quarterbacks and CHI o-line is already weak. Then you have to look at talent on the rest of the offense. Both teams have alot of potential around them, so IF one of these guys is a piece to that puzzle they can be top 25 WRs for years.

I think in terms of long-term value they could be about the same player, so if you can keep Knox for 10 spots later you're helping yourself out alot. I think Maclin should have a better year this year, so even if you like Maclin you can grab him later in the draft.