Sign in to follow this  
emdig66

Keeper Question

I'm in a league where you are allowed to protect one player from rds 4-16 from last yrs draft but you lose the rd he was drafted in for this upcoming draft.

Here are my choices.

Jon Stewart - 8th rd

Jermichael Finley - 10th rd

Michael Crabtree - 12th rd

As an example, if I keep Crabtree then I'll lose my 12th rd pick going into this yrs draft.

Thanks

I think it might depend on what slot you draft from. It’s between J Stew and Crabtree for me. I would probably keep Stew unless you have one of the top picks in the first round and will be selecting a stud RB for sure. If you are a little later in the round and find yourself wanting to select a top WR, it would be nice to have a solid RB already in your back pocket.

Also, is this PPR? How many RBs can you start?

There are 2 ways to look at this, and maybe they both give you the same answer.

First is draft value. Both Stewart and Crabtree are showing Rd 4 ADPs according to FFToday's rankings cheatsheet. Keeping Ctabtree at 12 is a much better value.

Second is look at your projections/rankings. I'll use the FFToday rankings. Stewart is the 28th ranked RB. Considering a 12 team league that starts 2RB he is a top notch bench player, not someone you should be planning on going into the season as your RB2. Crabtree is the 22nd ranked WR and a league that starts 2-3WR will see Crabtree as a starter week in and week out.

As long as you can't start 3RBs, Crabtree is the best choice.