Sign in to follow this  
hooyeah

Change of strategy on the fly. Rate my results. PPR league

Fairly standard PPR league. I am one of those that goes rb, rb and sometimes rb again. I usually go rb early and often. lol. Well I picked 8th in a 10 team league and when it came time to pick most of the sure thing rb's were gone. I could have taken Medenhall or Ryan Matthews at 8 but Medenhal isn't quite as valuable in a PPR and I was hoping Matthews would come back to me. I decided to roll the dice and take Andre Johnson.

Well Matthews went with the 9th pick. So when it came back to me I just decided the value at rb wasn't there so I went Randy Moss. Then the 3rd rolls around and before you knew it I had taken Brandon Marshall. I usually have 4 rb's after after 6 rds and here I have 0 after 3. Well here is how I filled out my team. I was able to snag Jamaal Charles in the 4th rd. Gonna need a big year out of him.

Take a look and tell me what ya think. I wanted as much depth as possible at rb so I am gonna have to pick up a backup qb and te when necessary.

QB - P. Rivers

RB - J. Charles, J. Best, M. Forte, R. Bush, S. Slaton, F. Jones. Caddy Williams, - start 2

WR - A. Johnson, R. Moss, B. Marshall, V. Jackson, E. Royal, Louis Murphy - start 3

TE - T. Gonzalez

D - Dallas

K- Rackers(will make a move if he is cut.)

Im usually pretty confident coming out of the draft, but this year I'm not so sure. Might start Forte over Best at the beginning. If any of my rb's step up my wr on the fly strategy could pay off. Tell me what ya think. Thanks for any help.

Assuming you start 2 RB 3 WR, I'd say you're in pretty damn good shape.

Yeah, I thought I bolded starters. 2 rb's and 3 wr's. No flex positions. Fixed that. Thanks for the input.

I like the team. I think Charles is gonna have a great year (as long as Jones doesn't get in the way) and I also think Best will be the next Ray Rice. But having those WRs in a PPR league is KEY!!!

I like the team. I think Charles is gonna have a great year (as long as Jones doesn't get in the way) and I also think Best will be the next Ray Rice. But having those WRs in a PPR league is KEY!!!

Thanks for the input.

I can lie to you with those 3WR alone I'd have then over any three rbs in a ppr. Along with Charles and best an rivers at Qb I'm 100% you will win head to head or points league. How they fell to you in this league I have no glue your league sucks at drafting and good job to you

I can lie to you with those 3WR alone I'd have then over any three rbs in a ppr. Along with Charles and best an rivers at Qb I'm 100% you will win head to head or points league. How they fell to you in this league I have no glue your league sucks at drafting and good job to you

QB - I believe Rivers will have a down year compared to last year but will still be @ 10 or so to finish out the year.

RB - PPR you couldn't have done better especially with value. Charles is a PPR Stud. Best has good hands from what I've been reading. Best should be starter worthy. Forte was a PPR start one season ago. Comeback Player of the Year? Bush is looking good this year so far and playing for a new contract. I believe he will be the key to your season.

WR - All Studs for starters what more could you ask for. Not to mention WHEN not if V-Jax comes back you can package hims and best for the likes of S Jax or Turner the Burner.

TE - Gonzo has fallen off but he's on the downside of his career. He will still put up descent numbers but don't be afraid to play a match-up with a free agent. Personally i view the TE as a handicap not a real position

K and Def really doesn't matter unless you have some weird scoring so......

Overall i think you are a shoe in for the play-offs. Should go all the way with a little luck on your side.

Good Luck

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=368359