Sign in to follow this  
Curt Sminkey

Colston

I got some pretty decent running backs and need WR's in a desperate way. I was offered Colston for Jamal Charles and was hoping to sell high on him coming off a somewhat decent game, but Colston seems to be off and Brees has a bunch of targets and spreads the ball around with the best of them.

What are your thoughts on Colston going forward? He's definately got the skill to explode, but putting up only 25 yards when Brees throws for 350+ and 3 TD's doesn't look promising.

Colston is as frustrating a guy to own as any receiver in the game outside of Greg Jennings...He has seemingly every ingredient in place to put up monster numbers (talent, great offense, great Qb, red zone size, weapons around him to keep the D honest), yet consistently puts up complete clunkers over the course of the season. Brees spreads the ball around too much and doesn't make any effort to "feed" any one receiver on the team, meaning that Colston's success week to week has much more to do with the looks the defense gives Brees than it does with any concerted effort the team makes to get him the ball. Sure, he will have the occasional big line (think 8-92-2), but, he will also give you the 3-36 week killer about 5-6 times a year as well---if I were looking to upgrade an already weak Wr unit, I would target a guy who provides more consistency than you will get from Colston---

Colston is as frustrating a guy to own as any receiver in the game outside of Greg Jennings...He has seemingly every ingredient in place to put up monster numbers (talent, great offense, great Qb, red zone size, weapons around him to keep the D honest), yet consistently puts up complete clunkers over the course of the season. Brees spreads the ball around too much and doesn't make any effort to "feed" any one receiver on the team, meaning that Colston's success week to week has much more to do with the looks the defense gives Brees than it does with any concerted effort the team makes to get him the ball. Sure, he will have the occasional big line (think 8-92-2), but, he will also give you the 3-36 week killer about 5-6 times a year as well---if I were looking to upgrade an already weak Wr unit, I would target a guy who provides more consistency than you will get from Colston---

ya try owning Colston and Jennings on 1 team :wall: lost 2 games str8 due to these clowns..didnt draft these guys to be my #1 and #2 WR if their only going to avg me 10 pts a game....