Sign in to follow this  
808state

Commish help in handling keepers

I run keeper league that has a 3 year keeper limit. This year we are hitting the keeper limit for the first time and I'm trying to figure out how to handle trade deadlines and/or compensation. Right now if a 3rd year keeper remains on the same owners roster at the end of the year they will lose the player without compensation.

1) Should I keep the week 13 trade deadline or extend it to the end of the playoffs?

2) Should I offer compensation (extra auction money) for owners that will lose their keepers because they hung onto a player?

Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

I run keeper league that has a 3 year keeper limit. This year we are hitting the keeper limit for the first time and I'm trying to figure out how to handle trade deadlines and/or compensation. Right now if a 3rd year keeper remains on the same owners roster at the end of the year they will lose the player without compensation.

1) Should I keep the week 13 trade deadline or extend it to the end of the playoffs?

2) Should I offer compensation (extra auction money) for owners that will lose their keepers because they hung onto a player?

Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

I would keep the week 13 trade deadline. Dems the rules. No reason for compensation.

What happens if one of those teams trades a player before the deadline? Do they get an extra year or something?

I would keep the week 13 trade deadline. Dems the rules. No reason for compensation.

What happens if one of those teams trades a player before the deadline? Do they get an extra year or something?

Thanks for the response pimptastic

The acquiring team would get to keep the player for two more years. The trade year would count as 1 year.

Thanks for the response pimptastic

The acquiring team would get to keep the player for two more years. The trade year would count as 1 year.

Absolutely I'd keep it the same then. I'll be honest, I'm not an auction drafter, but those extra 2 years should constitute some "value".

I don't really see why you'd want to compensate anyone, though. Rules are rules. :dunno:

:cheers: