Sign in to follow this  
TheFid2

Injured Hillis or Unproven Lynch this week?

Gotta roll with either Hillis or Lynch for a flex this week.

I don't know a lot about Lynch or the Seahawks, but I know it's a risk starting the dude

As a Browns homer, I know they'll use Hillis a lot even with his pulled hammy, but the Steelers are tough on the run. However, Hillis is a power runner compared to CJ's finesse, so that might work in his favor.

Who's the better pick? Or do I eschew tradition and start WR Amendola or Tate in the spot?

Thanks for mine.

I think I'd go with Hillis in this case. Like someone said on my Hillis thread...It's a tough matchup, so you're looking at maybe 60-70 yards from him. If you're really lucky, a red zone score. But you know they're going to give him the ball a ton with a rookie QB in there.

With Lynch, we just have no idea how they're going to use him. And even if they hand him 20 carries, he's perfectly capable of averaging 1.5 per.

I told myself before that I would never bench Hillis again after that Ravens output he had. Well...I changed my mind. I'd go with Lynch for a couple reasons. Better matchup. Hillis is nursing an injury. And did I mention a better match up? Hillis is going to have 11 men in the box with most likely Colt McCoy starting out there. Steelers ain't worried about McCoy, their focus will be on shutting down Hillis and possibily taking him out. Go with Lynch.

I'm gonna be going back and forth until 1pm Sunday, I can tell

But I'm rolling Lynch for the moment

I think

Coin flip, and both are going up against tough D's, but I like PIT's D better, so go with Lynch. There probably won't be much difference between the two (maybe 7 or 8 points tops), but Lynch might have more to prove, so he's got that going for him.

Hope that helps. Can you help me with mine?

Gotta roll with either Hillis or Lynch for a flex this week.

I don't know a lot about Lynch or the Seahawks, but I know it's a risk starting the dude

As a Browns homer, I know they'll use Hillis a lot even with his pulled hammy, but the Steelers are tough on the run. However, Hillis is a power runner compared to CJ's finesse, so that might work in his favor.

Who's the better pick? Or do I eschew tradition and start WR Amendola or Tate in the spot?

Go get Woodhead. :doh:

Heck, you're a Browns Homer. Play Hillis and chant "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!" -- See what happens. Maybe Big Ben will be rusty enough to toss a couple interceptions that get returned to the one yard line, and Hillis scores three TDs! It's Cleveland/Pittsburgh -- anything can happen. My guess is that Pittsburghers don't let Hillis board the bus home and slap a Steelers jersey on him, hoping he stays. He is the blue-collar back you have to love.