Sign in to follow this  
2GQ

I trade Brees for Steven Jackson

I have Brees and Roethlisberger. I have to trade Brees by the season's end as I can't keep him after this year. Should I offer Brees for Jackson? This would help my RBs but leave no depth at QB. I could also offer Brees for Jackson and Kolb. The risk here is that Kolb doesn't play once Vick is healthy.

Thoughts?

Depending on what other RB's you have, I'd say you can make the trade for Jackson. Brees' numbers should get better when the offensive players get healthy, but you shouldn't notice much of a fall off, if any, by sticking w/ Big Ben. The Steelers already had their bye, so unless he gets injured you're probably fine in the QB spot. Getting Kolb wouldn't hurt either. Since Kolb is the designated starter, and with his performance against my Falcons, I'm thinking he has to screw up pretty bad to lose his starting spot.

Depending on what other RB's you have, I'd say you can make the trade for Jackson. Brees' numbers should get better when the offensive players get healthy, but you shouldn't notice much of a fall off, if any, by sticking w/ Big Ben. The Steelers already had their bye, so unless he gets injured you're probably fine in the QB spot. Getting Kolb wouldn't hurt either. Since Kolb is the designated starter, and with his performance against my Falcons, I'm thinking he has to screw up pretty bad to lose his starting spot.

I have De'Angelo Williams, Hillis, Addai, Donald Brown and Portis...so Jackson would really help.