Sign in to follow this  
avocado

Chance of a Lifetime! Pick My Receivers!

Playing the only person I actually know in my league this week, he's one of my best friends - and has a stacked team. Current projections have me about 5 points down, which I know means ABSOLUTELY nothing, but it's the only stat to look at so far, and I'd rather move to 5-2 than push him up to 6-1.

Other than a 'do I start McFadden/do I start Gates' issue, the only thing I need to think about are the receivers. As always.

Current squad:

•  
  • Holmes - Bye week, but disappointing as it is
  • Royal - Listed as questionable, huge risk to start, but a soft match-up
  • Woodhead - WR eligibility. I know he isn't going to break out and have a good game (esp against SD), but he seems like a consistent producer of 9-10 points which, in my eyes, is almost as good as gold
  • Meachem - Just picked him up this week, seems like he's starting to look more like his old self. Somewhat soft matchup, but I'm wary of the way Brees spreads the ball around. Is either going to to do well or be a real stinker.
  • Williams (SEA) - Former first round draft pick and college star picks self up by bootstraps, gets in shape, and manages to make to a team's training camp. A few rough weeks (injury, etc), but with his main competition out of the picture I can just [feel/i] the awesome numbers he's going to put up, esp against Arizona
  • Smith (CAR) - Just coming off of an injury, Smith has shown what had can do with this QB holding the reigns. A risk, but also the 'best' guy on this list.

Royal is out of my starting three. By the numbers, it should be Woodhead, Meachem, and Williams, an arrangement that I like for sure. But picking Smith off the waivers makes me uncertain. He CLEARLY has potential to put up 15-16 points, the only question is whether or not he's fully back. My gut says Woodhead/Williams will be fine. I'm HOPING Williams has a stand-out performance (it's there, I can see it). But it's a trade-off between Meachem and Smith. Smith is risky, Meachem has Brees (which is both good and bad).

What do YOU think I should do?

(and do I start Mcfadden/Gates - other options are Fred Jackson and Celek)

Playing the only person I actually know in my league this week, he's one of my best friends - and has a stacked team. Current projections have me about 5 points down, which I know means ABSOLUTELY nothing, but it's the only stat to look at so far, and I'd rather move to 5-2 than push him up to 6-1.

Other than a 'do I start McFadden/do I start Gates' issue, the only thing I need to think about are the receivers. As always.

Current squad:

• Holmes - Bye week, but disappointing as it is
  • Royal - Listed as questionable, huge risk to start, but a soft match-up
  • Woodhead - WR eligibility. I know he isn't going to break out and have a good game (esp against SD), but he seems like a consistent producer of 9-10 points which, in my eyes, is almost as good as gold
  • Meachem - Just picked him up this week, seems like he's starting to look more like his old self. Somewhat soft matchup, but I'm wary of the way Brees spreads the ball around. Is either going to to do well or be a real stinker.
  • Williams (SEA) - Former first round draft pick and college star picks self up by bootstraps, gets in shape, and manages to make to a team's training camp. A few rough weeks (injury, etc), but with his main competition out of the picture I can just [feel/i] the awesome numbers he's going to put up, esp against Arizona
  • Smith (CAR) - Just coming off of an injury, Smith has shown what had can do with this QB holding the reigns. A risk, but also the 'best' guy on this list.

Royal is out of my starting three. By the numbers, it should be Woodhead, Meachem, and Williams, an arrangement that I like for sure. But picking Smith off the waivers makes me uncertain. He CLEARLY has potential to put up 15-16 points, the only question is whether or not he's fully back. My gut says Woodhead/Williams will be fine. I'm HOPING Williams has a stand-out performance (it's there, I can see it). But it's a trade-off between Meachem and Smith. Smith is risky, Meachem has Brees (which is both good and bad).

What do YOU think I should do?

(and do I start Mcfadden/Gates - other options are Fred Jackson and Celek)

10/22/2010 11:39 AM -

It’s reportedly a “safe bet” that Chargers TE Antonio Gates (toe) will play this weekend against the Patriots.

SOURCE: SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE

Analysis: Gates has played through injuries before, having never missed a game due to one. He is a game-time decision right now, but the chances of him playing are increasing.

1- Feel comfortable starting Gates - he should have a huge game

McFadden said after Friday's limited action that he considers himself a 70/30 bet to play. His hamstring isn't fully healed after missing two whole games, but he thinks he can play with it. Fantasy Analysis:

OK, so Campbell and McFadden are going to play. Immediately, that lowers the one-week value of Denver's defense and Michael Bush, but improves the chances of Zach Miller or any other Raiders WR in a good matchup. Obviously, the most fantasy-relevant part of this note is about the running game. As I said in a post late last night, I would try to stay away. We don't know how the carries will be split between Bush and McFadden. I don't feel comfortable at all about starting either one.

2- McFadden may not see much action unless he is 100%

3- Williams and Meachem for sure; Woodhead over Smith? I personally would go with Smith...