Sign in to follow this  
kngbanana

Should I drop Tony Gonzalez for ______?

In a spot here. I have Tony G on bye this week so I need to pick up a TE as I only have one. Not sure how I feel about that? Anyone think this is a mistake? I'm 4-3 in this league and going up against the #3 team in the league. I would just try to drop someone else, but I have some serious bye issues this week and need all my available players.

Top TEs available on waivers:

Marcedes Lewis

Jeremy Shockey

Brandon Pettigrew

Jermaine Gresham

My other option is to just roll with no TE this week, but Id really hate to lose (again) by a point or 2. Seems to be happening a lot. My team is in my signature (First Team). Please chime in if you see any other possible options I might have.

Tony G has been pretty poor this year. Really only one good game (had another 2 TD game on 3 receptions for good fantasy points, but that's flukey). He might be worth dropping altogether.

I would drop him and pick up Marcedes Lewis. With Garrard back, Lewis might get some RZ targets.

if its ppr league i would go with pettigrew, he has been a very solid target and has 6 or more catches in past 4 games and stafford back now that might give an extra boost to the offense. if it is not a ppr league then i agree go with lewis, he a big receiver and i know jaguars are not the giants but after watching the monday night game i think garrard can even make the cowgirls look bad.