Sign in to follow this  
H4B

Reggie Wayne for Mike Williams ?

I just traded Reggie Wayne for Mike Williams of Tampa.

Keeper PPR league. I figured Williams is on the way up and Wayne is on the way out. They are almost ranked identically already on ESPN.

Dumb?

I just traded Reggie Wayne for Mike Williams of Tampa.

Keeper PPR league. I figured Williams is on the way up and Wayne is on the way out. They are almost ranked identically already on ESPN.

Dumb?

It really depends what your overall team strategy is. This season? I think you will lose this trade a little bit. Long term? Mike Williams is obviously much younger and has a ton of long term upside. But this year, even if Wayne regresses a little, I think he will be good for 95 catches, 1150 yards, 7 TD's. So I'd project him somewhere in the 250-260 point range in PPR. Mike Williams I do like a lot. But this upcoming season I think I'd have him somewhere in the 70 catch, 1050 yards, 8 TD range. He doesn't get the total targets that Wayne gets. That would put him somewhere in the 215-225 point range. So like I said, I still like Wayne better this season and maybe the following year too. He is Peyton Manning's favorite target, and the Colts will continue to throw more than the Bucs will. So in my opinion the question is, was 30-40 less points this year worth the many extra years of production you will get from Mike Williams in the future? Only you know your team and league enough to answer that question.

You might have been able to get a little more out of the trade but overall it was a good move. I like Wayne better this season. I'd say next year their production will be similar. You'll also have Williams much longer. So you slightly lose on it this season to win in the long run.