Sign in to follow this  
League of Dorks

The League of Dorks has an opening...

The League of Dorks is the single most active fantasy sports league on the internet... and we have been for over ten years. We do not have dead teams, which is a common plague in online leagues. Even the teams that finish at the back of the pack remain active, even during the playoffs.

We play baseball and football, but you are under no obligation to play both.

For a variety of reasons, we sometimes end up with a vacancy. On average, we end up recruiting one new leaguemember every year. For this upcoming football season, we will be adding two new leaguemembers.

Some pertinent league details:

Draft date: Online, Sunday, August 21st at 6pm et, 3pm pt

Last year's league website: http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2010/home/28915#0

League cost: $185 (After last year's in-person draft in Vegas, the leaguemembers felt comfortable increasing the league fees significantly.)

The most important league particulars: Redraft, 20-team dual league, PPR, 1 pt for first downs

If this is of interest to you, sned me a PM and I will provide you with more details. Typically, our open league spots have vanished quickly.

Commissioner

League of Dorks

www.leagueofdorks.com

Some more details about the league...

We've been around since 1999. For our league's ten-year anniversary, we held our draft in-person in Vegas. We'll probably do something like that again in 2015. Attendance is not a requirement though.

One thing that I need to emphasize is that every year we remove any owners that do not maintain a certain level of activity. This assures that all owners remain engaged, even those who have an off year.

We have two awesome trophies.

The Marshall

Named after the infamous Jim Marshall, it is an engraved liter-sized beer mug engraved with the winner's name and team name.

The Dork of the Year Keg

This is a traveling trophy, ala the Stanley Cup. It is a mounted keg that is awarded to the owner who does the best in both baseball and football. It is awarded each year after football season.

Additionally, we will be awarding almost $3,500 in prizemoney this year.

If you need more details or have any questions, please let me know.

Commissioner

League of Dorks

www.leagueofdorks.com