Sign in to follow this  
gregzeetheking

First draft of the year, advice/thoughts please.....

10 team PPR, 6pt TD

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Rashard Mendenhall

FLEX - Percy Harvin

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Mike Williams, TB

TE - Tony Gonzalez

D/ST - Chiefs

K - Matt Bryant

BENCH

- Knowshon Moreno

- Kenny Britt

- Mike Tolbert

- Matthew Stafford

- Ryan Williams, Ari

- Jared Cook

- Danny Amendola

3rd year playing FF, think this is my most solid team yet....comments?

Your TE situation looks terrible (Tony Gonzales is *done*). Other than that, this post is just bragging. Do you play with 4 year olds?

Your TE situation looks terrible (Tony Gonzales is *done*). Other than that, this post is just bragging. Do you play with 4 year olds?

We play on ESPN league, and this year they added the flex position, where you can play a rb/wr/te, instead of the usual rb/wr. So a lot of the TE's were gone early, and my sleeper guys were taken right before I was going to take them, so I was limited. There are some TE's available if I need to pick one up, or I can see if one of the other teams is willing to trade rb/wr for a TE if needed.

I wish I could brag, but until the season starts, then I will know if this team will perform as expected.

Thanks for the comment!

I wouldn't say he is bragging. I've seen teams like this in 12 team leagues.

Your team is fine, just address your TE situation.

Everything else looks pretty good.

I wouldn't say he is bragging. I've seen teams like this in 12 team leagues.

Your team is fine, just address your TE situation.

Everything else looks pretty good.

For now I will play it out, see what happens....let some guys on my bench gain value, then I can trade for a better TE once people go down with injuries.

this year they added the flex position, where you can play a rb/wr/te, instead of the usual rb/wr. So a lot of the TE's were gone early

This is a good thing. Let your opponents do that. TE's are the lowest scoring position in the league even in PPR formats. Its not close. Starting a TE in your RB/WR/TE flex position is burning money.

I'm also a Jared Cook fan, so at least you evened things out by drafting a second TE with upside.

10 team PPR, 6pt TD

QB - Tony Romo

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Rashard Mendenhall

FLEX - Percy Harvin

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Mike Williams, TB

TE - Tony Gonzalez

D/ST - Chiefs

K - Matt Bryant

BENCH

- Knowshon Moreno

- Kenny Britt

- Mike Tolbert

- Matthew Stafford

- Ryan Williams, Ari

- Jared Cook

- Danny Amendola

3rd year playing FF, think this is my most solid team yet....comments?

Overall looks pretty good. 2 of top 10 RBs is not going to hurt at all. 1 of top 5 WRs. Second WR is solid PPR player. I am not a big Harvin fan but I am sure he will be great value. If Amendola does as good as last year he is solid WR for PPR. Of course TE is old and busted but you can add/drop every week according to matchup if you want. I think you might have a huge upside at flex with Moreno. Just my opinion.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=386086

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am already getting trade proposals, but happy with my team for the current time. When the season starts I have a few guys I can use for trade bait if I need an upgrade somewhere. For now, just wanted to get outside perspective.

Good team, I would start Moreno or Tolbert at flex and not a WR but thats my preference.

I would also work the WW for a backup QB. Romo is supposedly fine but he worries me just a bit.