Sign in to follow this  
SFGeek

Take pick for a brotha

Being offered

Megatron and my pick (one) of RB's (see below)

Best, Wells, BJGE, Hightower

For

Manningham and Lesean McCoyy

Would would you take (if any at all))?

Being offered

Megatron and my pick (one) of RB's (see below)

Best, Wells, BJGE, Hightower

For

Manningham and Lesean McCoyy

Would would you take (if any at all))?

No, Manningham is going to have a beast of a year without Steve Smith there. I mean he had a little less than 1,000 yards and 9 TD's last year and most people are expecting an improvement on those numbers (mostly the yardage). The downgrade at RB isn't worth it. Seeing as how Best, although high-risk/reward would be my first choice, you don't want to pair up a WR and RB from the same team. The next would be Wells for me (hard to decide between him and Hightower) but would still be too far of a downgrade from McCoy. Is this PPR btw?

No, Manningham is going to have a beast of a year without Steve Smith there. I mean he had a little less than 1,000 yards and 9 TD's last year and most people are expecting an improvement on those numbers (mostly the yardage). The downgrade at RB isn't worth it. Seeing as how Best, although high-risk/reward would be my first choice, you don't want to pair up a WR and RB from the same team. The next would be Wells for me (hard to decide between him and Hightower) but would still be too far of a downgrade from McCoy. Is this PPR btw?

also Boss is gone.. Manningham will see many targets.

Manningham is one of the best route runners in the league. If he can concentrate for a full 60 minutes, he's easily top 10 and this year, he get the change with Steve Smith gone and a drop-off at TE. Of course, Manning could be on his back more this year as the NYG o-line is suspect. Keep Manningham and McCoy.

P.S. I do like Beanie (the man in AZ now with a real QB) and Hightower (in a zone-blocking scheme which he fits perfectly - looks very much like Portis when he was in Denver) as breakouts this year, though, if you do decide to make this move.