Sign in to follow this  
panthro

Need Advice on Major Trade

Alright, so my league is PPR 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR flex 1 TE on offense. My team is as follows:

QB: Romo, Sanchez

WR: Brandon Marshall, DeSean Jackson, Mario Manningham, Eric Decker, Percy Harvin

RB: McFadden, MJD, Fred Jackson, Arian Foster

TE: Fred Davis, Greg Olsen

The trade is I get Andre Johnson, Joe Flacco and A.J. Green, and I give up McFadden and either Manningham or Decker.

My thinking is, as you can see I'm pretty stacked at RB, especially when/if Foster returns. However, my receiver situation is problematic. I had Kenny Britt, but he's out for the season now. Jackson just hasn't produced like I was hoping, Marshall is doing okay, but only has 1 TD in 3 weeks and the rest are really flex starters at best (which doesn't matter much since I always play a RB in my flex spot). Also, my QB situation isn't great with Romo's questionable health and there's really not much out there in FA (I just grabbed Sanchez by dropping Britt this morning). So a friend of mine proposed this trade, knowing I had depth at RB, but needed a real #1 receiver and some options at QB.

My fear is that if I give up McFadden, my real stud on my roster, and I'm only getting Johnson and some situational players in return. On the other hand, I have the depth to still start 3 RB's each week, even without McFadden (once Foster is back), and if DeSean picks it up again and Johnson continues to produce, I'd have a killer line-up. It seems high risk, but high reward.

What do you guys think? Pull the trigger? If you leave a link I'll happily answer yours! Thanks in advance!

Is this a keeper league that you have McFadden, MJD, and Foster on the same roster? Is so, that plays a role in this decision also.

This trade really comes down to Arian Foster. I highly doubt he returns to the player he was last season. Even when healthy, I think we will see a lot of Ben Tate. But if he does return to being a top 15 RB, then you'd be stuck benching MJD, Fred Jax, McFadden, or Foster every week.

Right now you start McFadden, MJD, Fred Jax, Marshall, and DJax at RB/WR/Flex. If you made this trade right now, you would probably start MJD, Fred Jax, A.Johnson, Marshall, and DJax. So you would just be trading McFadden for Johnson in your starting lineup unless Foster returns to form. I'd probably hold off on this trade until Foster's situation is more clear. If you find yourself with 4 high end RB's, THEN you can still trade one of them for a WR upgrade. Right now I don't think hurting your RB depth by flipping McFadden for A.Johnson is the right move.

Why trade the guy that might be the top fantasy back this year on the hope that the guy that was the top back last year returns to form. Seems like a big risk to me. If it were me I would try to flip Foster for the best WR I could get from someone that really needs to see that lottery ticket come through to have a chance. Your team is pretty stacked and you just need a little help at WR. You can easily live without Foster with Run DMC, MJD and FJax.

Is this a keeper league that you have McFadden, MJD, and Foster on the same roster? Is so, that plays a role in this decision also.

This trade really comes down to Arian Foster. I highly doubt he returns to the player he was last season. Even when healthy, I think we will see a lot of Ben Tate. But if he does return to being a top 15 RB, then you'd be stuck benching MJD, Fred Jax, McFadden, or Foster every week.

Right now you start McFadden, MJD, Fred Jax, Marshall, and DJax at RB/WR/Flex. If you made this trade right now, you would probably start MJD, Fred Jax, A.Johnson, Marshall, and DJax. So you would just be trading McFadden for Johnson in your starting lineup unless Foster returns to form. I'd probably hold off on this trade until Foster's situation is more clear. If you find yourself with 4 high end RB's, THEN you can still trade one of them for a WR upgrade. Right now I don't think hurting your RB depth by flipping McFadden for A.Johnson is the right move.

It is a keeper league. Foster was my keeper from last year, McFadden was my first round pick.

Why trade the guy that might be the top fantasy back this year on the hope that the guy that was the top back last year returns to form. Seems like a big risk to me. If it were me I would try to flip Foster for the best WR I could get from someone that really needs to see that lottery ticket come through to have a chance. Your team is pretty stacked and you just need a little help at WR. You can easily live without Foster with Run DMC, MJD and FJax.

Agree with this

At this point, I really don't know if I'd trade McFadden, period. There's always the injury risk, but damn... I have seen two of his games now and that dude is for REAL. Like untouchable type good.