Sign in to follow this  
Montazuma

Should I make this trade in a PPR league...

Just got a trade offer: get Ingram and A. Hernandez for Gonzo and Fred Jackson

I have:

Fitz, Newton

DMC, MJD, Best, Jackson, Greene

Megatron, R. White, S. Johnson, J. Nelson

Gonzo, Pettigrew

blah, blah, blah...

Even though I have the depth, is it worth getting rid of Jackson?

:thumbsup:

Just got a trade offer: get Ingram and A. Hernandez for Gonzo and Fred Jackson

I have:

Fitz, Newton

DMC, MJD, Best, Jackson, Greene

Megatron, R. White, S. Johnson, J. Nelson

Gonzo, Pettigrew

blah, blah, blah...

Even though I have the depth, is it worth getting rid of Jackson?

Hernandez could be a monster and is a sure starter for you when he's back 2more weeks (from what i hear)

Ingram seems to be stuck in a rbbc and there is just too many mouths to feed (I have him in several leagues and I am starting to think he wont be a starter this year at all)

You have the depth to make the move even though I think he wins the trade.. you will be a bigger upgrade in the TE department than a downgrade in the RB...

soooo.. I guess I am saying this.. your a better team after the trade but your loosing in my opinion.. I would do it though!

Thanks for answering mine. :thumbsup:

Gonzalez is going good as is Fjax (come on lets get behind this nickname :wacko: ). I just don't trust Belicheck to feed Hernandez consistently the Cheatriots have too many weapons on that offense. We are not even sure Hernandez is the #1TE on his own team at this point.

I don't make this trade.

You have 4 legit #1RB's on your roster and possibly 5 if Greene's performance is to be believed, someone has to be hurting for a RB enough that you can get a better offer.

The only places your team could be solidified at are TE, WR depth and QB. You should easily make the playoffs so I would be making trades with my eye on solidifying the roster for the championship run. :first:

QB:

You have 2 wonderkids at QB and I worry both might flame out somewhat, if this happens late in the season you could be stuck starting WW QB's going into the playoffs. Newton is a rookie and I just can't imagine he keeps up what he is doing but you never know. Fitzpatrick could be forced to a more run oriented offense when the weather worsens in Buffalo (it pains me to say it because I am a fan of his). See if the Rivers owner is panicking, one more bad outing and he will be and you might be able to snatch him up on the cheap.

TE:

Gonzalez is going good and will likely wear down as season goes on, but for now who is better at the position? Witten and Finley in my mind and thats about it.

WR:

Your loaded at WR but with starting 3WR's I would actually like to see another #2WR on your roster. Take a look at Nelson out of Buffalo he might be available in a 10 teamer. Don't break up this WR corp it is championship material.

Great team, you can afford to trade from a position of strength and give up extra value as long as you get a truly elite player at a position of need in return. Another posibility would be to shop Best/Jackson as a package for an ADP/Cj2k type deal giving you 3 elite RB's.

I wouldn't do it. Your team is in good shape and there's no need to mess with a team that solid. I have Hernandez and he's been great when healthy, but you don't need him when you have the options you do at the position. Plus, I don't know when or how effective he'll be when he comes back. Brady and Gronkowski haven't missed a beat in his absence, and it can be tough predicting which Patriots are going to have a good game anyway. I feel like Jackson still gets underrated, too. Buffalo's offense isn't messing around this year. I'd stick with him.

Please answer mine if you get a chance. Thanks.