Sign in to follow this  
ChiTownKev

Trade Maclin and Romo for...

My team has been decimated by injuries this year. I really don't have much hope of turning things around, but I feel if I have any chance, I'll need to make a trade.

There are a couple of owners in my league who are thin at QB and one who's thin at QB and WR. I've been thinking about trying to package Maclin and Romo. Yeah, I know they're both dinged up (Romo more than Maclin), but I still think Maclin's going to put up good numbers, and he's definitely a go for this weekend.

I need a decent RB since Jamaal Charles went down. What kind a player could I expect for Maclin and Romo in a PPR league?

Depends on how bad the other owner is hurting and what kind of RB depth they have.

Myself I overvalue RB's that can catch passes in ppr to the point I would want top tier talent in return. Romo is decent but I don't trust Philly's WR's in ppr format they are so boom and bust at the moment.

If your lucky you could land a Mathews or Cj2k (but I doubt it). I might target a Fred Jackson type and gamble he keeps up this pace. Underperformers might be your best bet, Mendenhall, Gore, Hillis (someone who is annoyed he sat).

Depends on how bad the other owner is hurting and what kind of RB depth they have.

Myself I overvalue RB's that can catch passes in ppr to the point I would want top tier talent in return. Romo is decent but I don't trust Philly's WR's in ppr format they are so boom and bust at the moment.

If your lucky you could land a Mathews or Cj2k (but I doubt it). I might target a Fred Jackson type and gamble he keeps up this pace. Underperformers might be your best bet, Mendenhall, Gore, Hillis (someone who is annoyed he sat).

Yeah, I hear you. Actually, I already have Matthews and, sadly, I also have Gore. :dunno:

I was thinking someone like Bradshaw might be a possibility. His owner had Peyton and then picked up Cam Newton. He's also got Austin and Colston nursing injuries, so he can use the help at QB and WR.

Bradshaw is a good choice but I would ask for a #3 WR with upside; a throw-in like J. Nelson.

Deal from a position of strength instead of being desperate to save the season.

Good Luck and thanks for the post!