Sign in to follow this  
fantasyfan13

trade for approval Tycobb and Fantasyfan13

sorry ty and dr.j i'm having problems sending out e-mails.So ty as long as you still agree with this go ahead and post here.

P.Burress and ty's 4.04 pick

for

Gordon,Pinkston and ff13's 1.02 pick

I want a explanation from FantasyFan before I vote. Why do you think this helps your rebuilding team?

~STICK

this helps my team, because i didn't really have any steady scoring from my wr position all year.And burress is one of the youngest best upcoming wr's in the game right now.And with burress and holt.It could give me 1 of the best wr groups in the league.I will also still have the 1st pick in the draft.And to be honest with you their is only 1 runningback going into this years draft i'm sold on.And with a core group of william green,holt,burress and mcgahee i'd feel pretty good about my chances in this league for years to come.Of course now later down the road i might be kicking myself for trading away the 1.2 pick because their was a different position i was looking at.

YES.

I've made my share of trades, and think I've come out ahead overall. However, Ty is truly the master. I am indeed jealous. Combining this with his trade with Scooby, we see that Plaxico Burress has been very good indeed for Mr. Cobb.

Ty has proven that you can trade away all your future drafts, and get them back again. (Something DrJ is prolly jealous of, as well. :rolleyes:) Ty has become a force in the 2003 draft, having danced with Plaxico for a while. And he still has Harrison and Owens. :eek:

To sum up these two trades, Ty has traded away the following:

WR Joe Horn

TE Wesley Walls

2003 4.04 pick

...and received in return:

2003 1.02 pick

2003 1.07 pick

2004 Scooby's #1

2004 Scooby's #3

RB Lamar Gordon

WR Todd Pinkston

(in essence, three first-rounders --and then some-- for Joe Horn)

That's the work of a true master. Granted, most of the benefit came on the Scooby trade, a true head-scratcher. I think this here trade is very good for Ty's squad, as well. He trades away a very good WR in Burress. Is Burress worth the 1.02 pick alone? Probably. Is he worth much more? Probably not. But Ty gets more, anyway. He scores a potentially quality RB in Gordon, and much-needed depth at WR in Pinkston.

His brilliance in the boardroom will certainly make Ty's playoff loss this coming season all the more painful. Clinton Portis, 2500 from scrimmage and 20 TDs. You heard it here first, folks! :D

Fantasyfan: I hope, for your sake, that McGahee does indeed come out this year.

Cuz I still thinks the odds be 50-50.

Originally posted by Topes:

YES.

I've made my share of trades, and think I've come out ahead overall.  However, Ty is truly the master.  I am indeed jealous.  Combining this with his trade with Scooby, we see that Plaxico Burress has been very good indeed for Mr. Cobb.

Ty has proven that you can trade away all your future drafts, and get them back again.  (Something DrJ is prolly jealous of, as well.  :rolleyes:)  Ty has become a force in the 2003 draft, having danced with Plaxico for a while.  And he still has Harrison and Owens.   :eek:  

To sum up these two trades, Ty has traded away the following:

WR Joe Horn

TE Wesley Walls

2003 4.04 pick

...and received in return:

2003 1.02 pick

2003 1.07 pick

2004 Scooby's #1

2004 Scooby's #3

RB Lamar Gordon

WR Todd Pinkston

(in essence, three first-rounders --and then some-- for Joe Horn)

That's the work of a true master.  Granted, most of the benefit came on the Scooby trade, a true head-scratcher.  I think this here trade is very good for Ty's squad, as well.  He trades away a very good WR in Burress.  Is Burress worth the 1.02 pick alone?  Probably.  Is he worth much more?  Probably not.  But Ty gets more, anyway.  He scores a potentially quality RB in Gordon, and much-needed depth at WR in Pinkston.

His brilliance in the boardroom will certainly make Ty's playoff loss this coming season all the more painful.  Clinton Portis, 2500 from scrimmage and 20 TDs.  You heard it here first, folks!    :D

Fantasyfan:  I hope, for your sake, that McGahee does indeed come out this year.  

Cuz I still thinks the odds be 50-50.

trust me when i tell you, i usually wouldn't do a trade like this.This is the 1st time i've gone for a ty low ball.But i think this could really help my team.I was asking for more out of this trade, but he was also.And i know he basically got burress for nothing in a trade before which i couldn't really understand.But i guess people don't understand this one for me.But i've seen much worse that have ended up working out.

Good luck, fantasy. Burress is indeed very good. I hope this works out for you.

I was mainly bringing up both trades, and emphasized how Ty got Burress for nothing, which --like you said-- you had no control over...

Ty's looking unstoppable next year.

QB Rick Gannon

QB Steve McNair

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Marshall Faulk

WR Marvin Harrison

WR Terrell Owens

WR Rod Smith

...and the rest

However, projections are a silly thing, and Ty will undoubtedly trade a lot more this off-season.

Ok by me if you feel this way Fantasy, I for one have made many questionable trades in the past, but as long as YOU feel it helps out your team I'm all for it.

~STICK

Okay, much of the clutter here is my fault.

DrJ, so far we have approval from the following:

Chipshot

Topes

Hoffdaddy

Stick

His brilliance in the boardroom will certainly make Ty's playoff loss this coming season all the more painful.

So true. :rolleyes:

Ty has proven that you can trade away all your future drafts, and get them back again.  (Something DrJ is prolly jealous of, as well.  :rolleyes:)  

Nah, I'm sure I could have positioned myself well in this draft with some of this spare talent I have. I just can't really pull the trigger on a deal like this for a draft pick anymore. If Ty ends up with Deshaun Foster II, Curtis Enis II, Thomas Jones II, etc, etc out of this pick, it didn't work out for him in the slightest IMO. I just am not willing to risk my young talent like that. Just a philosophical difference I guess...

I'll stick to being the waiver king. :D

Sure..Even tho I am still critisized...Look at the overall stats after the trade and throw out eahc players high game and Horn has way better stats than Burriss..

Originally posted by fantasyfan13:

I will also still have the 1st pick in the draft.And to be honest with you their is only 1 runningback going into this years draft i'm sold on.And with a core group of william green,holt,burress and mcgahee i'd feel pretty good about my chances in this league for years to come.

Doh!

Originally posted by fantasyfan13:

well their goes mcgahee.But that doesn't really make this trade any worse.

Nah, just yanking your chain a little, fantasyfan. There's still plenty of quality players from which to pick. Mcgahee was just the odds of favorite to be your pick.

Do you think you would have done the trade had you known Mcgahee wouldn't be available? Just wondering.

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: TyCobb ]

OK

Originally posted by TyCobb:

Nah, just yanking your chain a little, fantasyfan.  There's still plenty of quality players from which to pick.  Mcgahee was just the odds of favorite to be your pick.

Do you think you would have done the trade had you known Mcgahee wouldn't be available?  Just wondering.

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: TyCobb ]

Well i would've put more thought into it.But in the end i probably would've done it.Based on the fact that even though i had the 1st 2 picks their is no guarentee either one will equal squat now.And imo burress in turning into monster.Although i would've been a bit more hesitant in trading gordon.

Is Burress worth more than the 1.02 pick in this draft after all has shaken out? I think so...

Not one of my better trades, to be sure.

Funniest part is how much flack Fantasyfan took over it, too. :rolleyes:

[ 05-05-2003: Message edited by: TyCobb ]

Well, I always figured this pick to be one guy, and now it looks like that one guy will not be available. If that guy is, I still think a good trade. Gordon is not chopped liver. Pinkston, however, does seem to have an unusually high cholesterol content. Hmmm...

Good trade, FantasyFan!