Sign in to follow this  
PorscheT1

Looking to trade for Cam, owner isn't biting

I'm looking to trade for Cam Newton as the owner also has Vick. I'm 6-2 in my league in 2nd place by 2 games. The other owner is in 8th place at 305. Standard scoring, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, DEF, K.

My team:

QB - Matt Ryan, Cassel

WR - Megatron, Maclin, Austin, Nate Washington, Mike Williams

RB - Beanie, Turner, Jacobs, Bush

TE - Owen Daniels

His team:

QB - Vick, Newton

WR - Jennings, Cruz, Santonio Holmes, Meachem, Doug Baldwin

RB - Mcfadden, Blount, Spiller, Ben Tate

TE - Gates

A couple weeks ago I offered Bush, Earnest Graham (when he was healthy and Blount was injured) and Austin for Vick. He countered with something outrageously stupid. I then tried to make an stab for Newton and Tate with an offer of Maclin, Bush, and Ryan. He countered that with Newton and Tate for Turner and Beanie.

I'm obviously not going to give up that much for Newton, and his points are just rotting on the bench anyhow. What other trades might I try or is there a way to make him realize that he might as well upgrade a bit at WR and get a nice handcuff for Mcfadden for a QB that he doesn't even start? Or am I simply offering too little?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Will respond in kind. Thanks :)

I'm looking to trade for Cam Newton as the owner also has Vick. I'm 6-2 in my league in 2nd place by 2 games. The other owner is in 8th place at 305. Standard scoring, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/R, TE, DEF, K.

My team:

QB - Matt Ryan, Cassel

WR - Megatron, Maclin, Austin, Nate Washington, Mike Williams

RB - Beanie, Turner, Jacobs, Bush

TE - Owen Daniels

His team:

QB - Vick, Newton

WR - Jennings, Cruz, Santonio Holmes, Meachem, Doug Baldwin

RB - Mcfadden, Blount, Spiller, Ben Tate

TE - Gates

A couple weeks ago I offered Bush, Earnest Graham (when he was healthy and Blount was injured) and Austin for Vick. He countered with something outrageously stupid. I then tried to make an stab for Newton and Tate with an offer of Maclin, Bush, and Ryan. He countered that with Newton and Tate for Turner and Beanie.

I'm obviously not going to give up that much for Newton, and his points are just rotting on the bench anyhow. What other trades might I try or is there a way to make him realize that he might as well upgrade a bit at WR and get a nice handcuff for Mcfadden for a QB that he doesn't even start? Or am I simply offering too little?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Will respond in kind. Thanks :)

Maybe Turner for Newton and Blount? Or Newton and Tate for Turner and Jacobs/Cruz?

Maybe Turner for Newton and Blount? Or Newton and Tate for Turner and Jacobs/Cruz?

If he would package Blount with Newton I'd be really surprised, but I'll give it a shot. Maybe Turner + Bush for Newton + Blount. I'll go ahead and test the waters with it, thanks for the idea :)

I feel like your offer with Bush and Maclin made the most sense for him because he needs wr help and should want the handcuff for mcfadden. I'd stray away from giving up a rb because your depth isn't that good and you don't want to risk it. If you can get Blount as well which I doubt he does, then do that but I think he shouldve done the Bush and Maclin deal.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=394415

Thanks