Sign in to follow this  
jsomm0405

Playoff Strategy Question

Ok folks, first off I have to pick between Vincent Jackson and Stevie Johnson for starting WR then I have to pick between whichever player doesn't start at WR and Aaron Hernandez and Marion Barber for my flex. It's a PPR league. The strategy question is that I am playing against Tom Brady so should I start Hernandez as my flex to possibly offset Brady's scoring - in case Brady throws a TD to Hernandez? My thought was to start Johnson and Hernandez and to bench V Jax against Baltimore and Barber for concerns he may lose touches this week. Any help or thoughts? Good luck to everyone in the playoffs.

Wow 2 tough match ups at WR. IMO you are over thinking the Hernandez issue and I would sit him, Grotkowski is the man there anyway and he wouldn't get you much.

I would start Vjax, he is probably more likely to get the "homerun" than Johnson against Miami. I would start Barber in the flex. I know SEA has tough run D, but what else is Chi gonna do, besides run the ball. I think he has the chance for the most consistant scoring.

"Canceling out" or "offsetting" doesn't work. You start whatever players you think will score the most points for you, regardless of who your opponenet has.

I'd go VJax and Stevie Johnson.