Sign in to follow this  
PistonSteve

Auction League Help

14 team PPR league. $150 cap with the following starting requirements: QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE/RB, K and DEF

Each team can protect one player at 10% more than they paid in the previous year, with a maximum of three years (2 after the initial draft year).

As I only keep players that I consider to be a value, the player I am protecting this year is Marshawn Lynch for $8.

Our top RBs tend to go for $50-60, top QBs around $35, and the top WRs $35-40 range.

I'm guessing that Foster, McCoy, Stafford, Newton, DeMarco Murray and Jimmy Graham will be protected.

I'm thinking about going all-in for Rice (up to about $60). I'm also considering going after Brees/Brady if the price is in the $30-35 range. If they get bumped up, I'll wait on QBs. With this strategy, I would be drafting a few $10-15 WRs (which would result in probably getting 2-3 WR2 type players).

My only concern is Lynch. I'm not worried about a 1-2 game suspension (if it happens) as the value is still there for $8. However, by going gang-busters for Rice, I would have to be quite confident that Lynch can be a solid RB2, as I won't have a lot of cap left to draft a $10-15 RB3. Based on our draft history, I could probably draft a couple of RBs for $30 each (they would be around the 12-15 ranking in the RB listing) as an alternate option, allowing me to use one at the Flex.

Thoughts? Suggestions?