Sign in to follow this  
Lab

Trade Leshoure & Hankerson for Sproles?

Which would you rather have?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have in a standard-scoring (not PPR!) dynasty league?

• Leshoure & Hankerson
    • Sproles

I've been offered a trade of Sproles for Leshoure and Hankerson. Seems like a no-brainer at first, but I'm now having second thoughts. It's a standard-scoring league, so Sproles' receptions don't really help. Only his yardage and TDs, which is doubly bad because his yardage counts only if he exceed 50 yards receiving or rushing (not combined). On the other hand, Leshoure and Hankerson are pretty risky plays themselves.

FWIW, all of these players (even Sproles) would spend most of their time on my bench. McFadden & Charles are my clear RB1 & RB2, and I've got J-Stew as a backup in case one of them gets hurt. So Sproles likely would enter my starting lineup only on bye weeks or in case of injury (which is not an insignificant possibility with McFadden & Charles).

I think I'm convincing myself it's better not to do the trade, since Sproles does not add much to my team, and Leshoure/Hankerson are both good development players. Better to have a couple good lottery tickets than just another backup RB who might not see much action this season, and will begin to lose value fast after he hits age 30.

Thoughts? Any advice appreciated.

Interesting offer. McFadden and Charles are obviously both risky propositions. But in this scoring format, Darren Sproles loses a TON of value. I don't really think he is much better than JStew, if at all in this format. I'd probably stay put. If this guy wants Leshoure and Hankerson that much, I'm sure you could find a trade with him for a RB at a later point if need be.